Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

• SRC Member
Cannot....CO dun approve...kitchen area crowded liao...haha.....will just put the frags in the main tank...moreover, i have to make space for a chiller.

Hahahahaa...Thinking of using one of my NSW storage tubs as a frag/ric holding tub... :eyebrow:

Eh...u putting ur 4 ft tank in your kitchen??? :eyeblur:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hahahahaa...Thinking of using one of my NSW storage tubs as a frag/ric holding tub... :eyebrow:

Eh...u putting ur 4 ft tank in your kitchen??? :eyeblur:

yes, hahaha...its in my kitchen! Only that area belongs to me...the rest are leased.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
yes, hahaha...its in my kitchen! Only that area belongs to me...the rest are leased.

If you dun do much cooking/frying in your kitchen it should be ok, otherwise you may end up with an oily tank... :eyebrow::upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
my tank in the kitchen lucky not that oily :sick:

so far ok...my nano has been there for 2 years plus...good thing is, my wife dun like to do deep-frying in the kitchen.

later got to go reborn to get more sand....this time, my hands and back gonna hurt real bad...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
so far ok...my nano has been there for 2 years plus...good thing is, my wife dun like to do deep-frying in the kitchen.

later got to go reborn to get more sand....this time, my hands and back gonna hurt real bad...

Wat time u going reborn??? :eyebrow:

Get sand only or sand + Live Rocks???

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Wow Siang.... looks like you will be very very busy and tired ...... "Jia You!"

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Sand...if got nice rocks, then buy....most likely after work b4 6.30.

Sometimes they have some nice pieces of LR. But usually is when they have a new shipment of LRs from their supplier. U will be going for SPS in ur new tank?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
din expect the tank to be so big...even my wife have complained i have "cheated" her..."so come the tank is so big?"..she asked me....de...

Hahaha bro I was gonna PM you that day but forgot! I dropped an Mphosis tissue pouch in your car, hope your wife don't find it and think that you have been driving some girl around LOL! I was moving pallets of books in the office before you arrived la, so perspiring like crazy, paiseh.

The tank is super clean now, you must have spent hours scrubbing it, sorry I couldn't clean it completely, we are in the midst of moving office so I just cleared what I could :)

but let me check with binosage whether he wants, if not i will just give it away whoever is interested.

Bro, thanks for the offer. I decided to go with IOS, so I don't need the canister. Better to give it to a newbie starting out or a student on budget ;)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Hahaha bro I was gonna PM you that day but forgot! I dropped an Mphosis tissue pouch in your car, hope your wife don't find it and think that you have been driving some girl around LOL! I was moving pallets of books in the office before you arrived la, so perspiring like crazy, paiseh.

The tank is super clean now, you must have spent hours scrubbing it, sorry I couldn't clean it completely, we are in the midst of moving office so I just cleared what I could :)

Bro, thanks for the offer. I decided to go with IOS, so I don't need the canister. Better to give it to a newbie starting out or a student on budget ;)

Hey bino, share with me your tank dimensions please.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter
This is my current nano...have removed some rocks...and my corals can't wait to move in to their new home in a few weeks time.

My current live rocks include those i bought from reaper and reborn...seems i have to get some more....din expect the tank to be so big...even my wife have complained i have "cheated" her..."so come the tank is so big?"..she asked me....de...

The T5 fixture i bought, is for my current nano....the one i had, hopar crap brand is down. But will be using a clip on LED for my sump to save energy.

So, once i decomm my 2ft will give the entire set away including the cabinet n cannister...but let me check with binosage whether he wants, if not i will just give it away whoever is interested.

hey bro, let me know when u decomm your 2ft, i might want to take over the whole package... :)

• SRC Member

Hey bro,

let me see if yr tissue pouch still around...and will pass it to you...if not will get a new one for u...no problem.

Yes, i spend many hours cleaning and sucking the dirt out. Btw, thanks for doing the initial cleaning up and assisting me with sgbros....i was rushing that morning to your office...and traffic was crazy....my wife insist i have time to go wet market...women are very poor with time management....sorry to say that...but its true.

Ok, i will post it in frag club for the members first.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

let me see if yr tissue pouch still around...and will pass it to you...if not will get a new one for u...no problem.

Yes, i spend many hours cleaning and sucking the dirt out. Btw, thanks for doing the initial cleaning up and assisting me with sgbros....i was rushing that morning to your office...and traffic was crazy....my wife insist i have time to go wet market...women are very poor with time management....sorry to say that...but its true.

Ok, i will post it in frag club for the members first.

Cannister in frag club??? :whistle

How do you frag a cannister??? :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Wow Siang.... looks like you will be very very busy and tired ...... "Jia You!"

Jacky: yes...my legs are jelly now..and i have problem taking off my shirt coz my arms are aching.

Peter Tee: Probably, after 6 months, then will plant some SPS...for now just LPS and softies to start off. i still prefer the colours of LPS.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Hey bro,

Haha, no problem. If cannot find it, it's okay. Just give you a heads up in case your wife find it first, cos that is a very girly item, you may not know its from me too hahaha!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Cannister in frag club??? :whistle

How do you frag a cannister??? :upsidedown:

hahaha...tcss virus strikes again..wat i meant is, i will give priority for frag club members to have my nano set.

do i have to be so specific?..wah piang eh...my fingers got cuts also leh...dun tekan me...type type type..

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Haha, no problem. If cannot find it, it's okay. Just give you a heads up in case your wife find it first, cos that is a very girly item, you may not know its from me too hahaha!

not a problem...worst come to worst, i pitch a tent in east coast, if i got kick out.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter
give me about 2-3 weeks, will reserve for you if you can wait....

can definitely wait, I also bz with work at the moment, this month itself got 2 exhibitions!!!! 2 weekends burnt sia... will arrange to view first. U let me know when is available and convenient for u. :)

Enjoy setting up your new tank... LOL.

• SRC Member
can definitely wait, I also bz with work at the moment, this month itself got 2 exhibitions!!!! 2 weekends burnt sia... will arrange to view first. U let me know when is available and convenient for u. :)

Enjoy setting up your new tank... LOL.

i can take some pictures for u to view first.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

no updates???? B)

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
no updates???? B)

Just for you...TC Indian Chief

I just finished washing 5 bags of sand - grade 0 and 1 mixed together....so will not be getting any wrasse...coz my sand bed is 2inches.

see bey shack now.....did some rockscape.....decide to go for a simpler layout with a small elephant hill on the left.

will be getting a few more rocks for the right side....i find scaping for big tank is much easier..less than 30mins kao tim liao.

post-15124-1267540338_thumb.jpg

post-15124-1267540349_thumb.jpg

l7304smr.jpg