Who is currently using MM?

Wei

• SRC Member

Hi,

I have setup my tank & cycling for 2wks. LR had been added to seed my 3" sandbed. I am going to diy a plastic sump also & was think of incorp ecosystem into my DSB system. ya, talk abt kiasu. A solid & gd foundation is always a good start.

Therefore, need feedback from users. I have read review, anaylsis. Somehow, I am still not very convinced. Positive feedback a bit hard to believe, sound too commerical. read Negative feedback but all are from those who didn't try before.

Therefore, need someone who is using to tell me his/her experience. Want to know the pricing also. Dun want to invest on the wrong thing.

Wei :)

• SRC Member

The price is too high to justify buying a sump and some garden soil. If you intend to DIY a sump, just go all the way and include a refugium in the design. You don't need MM to grow caulerpa.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Therefore, need someone who is using to tell me his/her experience. Want to know the pricing also. Dun want to invest on the wrong thing.  

I am using it now but do i see any obvious improvement? I don't think so. But after using it for a few mths now, i am getting less and less output from my skimmer. Anyway my skimmer is a lousy one (i only paid ~$120) and now i am wondering whether it is my skimmer that is having a problem or the MM effect is kicking in? Is thinking of upgrade my skimmer soon. Waiting for spade/Phang diy..

• SRC Member

Hi,

thanks for all the reply. I do follow the threads & oversea ones. But most of them are just bombing it based on the the finding by Matt(wats in the mud). So, wanted to get some feedback from user if it really works as wat Micheal Paletta had said. I will raise 2 hand and legs that it is super EX!

Heard from Hon that Hong leong MM tank isn't doing well. I think i will give MM a pass. Use the money to buy an ehiem 3400L pump instead or a calcium dispenser for my autotop up.

Just added another inch of live sand from alvy into my 3ft tank making it 4". Will let the tank to cycle/seed for another 2mths to ensure the sandbed is fully populated.

In case anyone wants to get the MM, the shop at Downtown east is call Superstar. Another dealer besides Hong leong is Marine Pets at odeon katong. next to katong shopping centre. Look for Gilbert. He also can help u look for 2nd hand chiller if you want.

Wei :)

• SRC Member

Gilbert is a nice guy. I customed my sump from him.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif