Lion infected

• SRC Member

Hi reefers,

i've long heared about the use of garlic supplements on fish infected with itch and white spots. My problem is, how do i use it when i'm feeding live feeder fish? Is there no way of getting rid of them for good and also white spots, gives me headache all the time!

Practice quarantine your new fish for at least 2 weeks, soak immed in dechlorinated fresh water if any ich appears, Only for 30 secs max.

Ich should cure and if fish eats garlic supplements, the fish immune system should prevent ich from happenning, provided good water conditions are maintained. You can try Ocean Free's garlic pellets Formula one or two, for convenience, they work and it's so far so good.

U can try a UV sterilizer as a further preventive measure. But most UVs sold locally are not good enuff for saltwater tanks. Visit Aqua Ultraviolet's website for more info, one of the best in the market, but u need a fren in the US to buy it for you. Alternatively, get it shipped to you. Try www.aquadirect.com or www.marinedepot.com, I've used them before, very good service and prompt. Happy net shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
but bros, copper treatment are not for lions...or other scaleless fish.

Is it? Where did you read that? Mind sharing with me?

I don't remember dosing copper when I've lion. But i've did that with an eel in my tank, and it's ok. Isn't it scaleless?