Post your Angel tanks here!

Bro, your dream angels very high-end. Hope to see your setup soon.

Dream only...if really i had those angel , i think must keep 2 german shepherd and hired 1 bengali security to guard the tanK! :upsidedown:

Bigbird will sneak into my house dress like ninja and kapok them....haha!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Using the China made Bubble Magus BM150. Chiller also China made Resun C0500. But then noisy as compare to my previous CL-650. Planning to change soon if the right one come.

LOL some china made stuffs are pretty good.

Hi guys,

I am interested to keep a larger angel or two in my tank, what would be your recommendation for someone new to angelfish?

And could someone give me a very rough ball park price of some of the angel listed below say around 3" ~ 4" juvenile ? Just want to roughly know what is within my budget.

I am thinking of either the

French

Queen

Blue-Ringed

Grey

Emperor

Blue Face

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Senior Reefer
Hi guys,

I am interested to keep a larger angel or two in my tank, what would be your recommendation for someone new to angelfish?

And could someone give me a very rough ball park price of some of the angel listed below say around 3" ~ 4" juvenile ? Just want to roughly know what is within my budget.

French

Queen

Blue-Ringed

Grey

Emperor

Blue Face

im no expert, but i think blue ring is a good beginner's angel? can the other pros back me up? or am i wrong..

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

French

Queen

Blue-Ringed

Grey

Emperor

Blue Face

Bro you need to indicate the size of the tank you have, then candetermine what angel is suitable for your system.

As a new in angel, bro Lemon reccommended Blue ring, yes blue ring are hardy but aggressive. Try those around 4 inches if you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Hi guys,

French

Queen

Blue-Ringed

Grey

Emperor

Blue Face

Can you please state your budget? BTW it would be good if you can provide details of what is your setup and live stocks.

Afternoon guys, currently I am starting a 4 footer (by1.5by1.5). I have the sand and water running for a week now, waiting to get some LR soon to add in and to DIY some filtration once I have some time (probably takes another 1 or 2 weeks to complete).

I currently have a regal tank (blue tang) that is currently in my 2 footer that I want to move over as it has grown too big (4~5") to be house in a 2 footer. I also have a small Koran (4") living with the tang that will be going over when it's setup. That's all that is going in for now.

My Budget for larger species angel is about $40~70. Looking for roughly the same size juvenile or smaller specimen (3~5") of another 1 or 2 different species. Anyone with good stuff to recommend :)

I'll keep an eye out for any blue ring, I think look pretty good too but if it's too territorial then I probably give it a miss.

BTW is the frozen feed that contains sponge really necessary for angel ?

All advise appreciated. Keep it coming :)

Afternoon guys, currently I am starting a 4 footer (by1.5by1.5). I have the sand and water running for a week now, waiting to get some LR soon to add in and to DIY some filtration once I have some time (probably takes another 1 or 2 weeks to complete).

I currently have a regal tank (blue tang) that is currently in my 2 footer that I want to move over as it has grown too big (4~5") to be house in a 2 footer. I also have a small Koran (4") living with the tang that will be going over when it's setup. That's all that is going in for now.

My Budget for larger species angel is about $40~70. Looking for roughly the same size juvenile or smaller specimen (3~5") of another 1 or 2 different species. Anyone with good stuff to recommend :)

I'll keep an eye out for any blue ring, I think look pretty good too but if it's too territorial then I probably give it a miss.

Bro, your 4 footer is not ready to add in any fishes for the time being although already ran for a week. You need to cultivate the bacteria in your tank first before the kick off. Getting LR and adding a sump tank will be idea.

$40-70 can get very beautiful fishes such as emperor, blueface, regal,small queen, small french, blueline, majestic, etc. Seems to me that u intend to keep less than 5 angels in your tank. Then I would recommend a small queen. Sealife and LCK currently having small size queen which might be slightly above your budget.

Sponge is definitely a very good food for angels but not all angels like sponge.

• SRC Member
how can we tell the difference in appearance between asfur angel from red sea and indo pacific?

you will not find Asfur angel in Indo-pacific. Asfur can be found in Arabian sea, red sea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

For large size at $40 -$70, Probably emperor, majestic, blue face, six bar, Koran, blue ring from some of the eastern side LFS.

The size is

T-tiny below 1.5 inches

S- small 1.5-3inches

M-medium 3-4.5 inches

L-large 4.5- 6inches

XL- extra large 6-8 inches

Show - 8- 12inches

Jumbo- above 12 inches

For those like emperor, the circular pattern started to change LFS classified as adult, likewise for Koran, Majestic as well as Blue face.

All Angel fish are aggressive and territorial.

BTW is the frozen feed that contains sponge really necessary for angel

No, only the Marine angel formula sponge contain. Not all angel require Sponge to thrive, but it is best to feed them 2-3 times a week if available. Veggie flake, pellets is good enough. Angel that require Sponge are, Holacanthus, Apolemichthys,Paracentropyge( venusta, multi barred angel) Pygolite(regal) require 90% of sponge to have a higher survival rate. For Pomacanthus pellets and flakes food is fine but with veggie contain.

From your description of your tank and system, 3-4 inches angel is fine. With live rock? Watch out for ick and velvet. Let the system run in as long as possible. Make sure the fish is quarantine or buy from reefer in this forum more stable.

Hi bro,

For large size at $40 -$70, Probably emperor, majestic, blue face, six bar, Koran, blue ring from some of the eastern side LFS.

The size is

T-tiny below 1.5 inches

S- small 1.5-3inches

M-medium 3-4.5 inches

L-large 4.5- 6inches

XL- extra large 6-8 inches

Show - 8- 12inches

Jumbo- above 12 inches

For those like emperor, the circular pattern started to change LFS classified as adult, likewise for Koran, Majestic as well as Blue face.

All Angel fish are aggressive and territorial.

BTW is the frozen feed that contains sponge really necessary for angel

No, only the Marine angel formula sponge contain. Not all angel require Sponge to thrive, but it is best to feed them 2-3 times a week if available. Veggie flake, pellets is good enough. Angel that require Sponge are, Holacanthus, Apolemichthys,Paracentropyge( venusta, multi barred angel) Pygolite(regal) require 90% of sponge to have a higher survival rate. For Pomacanthus pellets and flakes food is fine but with veggie contain.

From your description of your tank and system, 3-4 inches angel is fine. With live rock? Watch out for ick and velvet. Let the system run in as long as possible. Make sure the fish is quarantine or buy from reefer in this forum more stable.

Show me the KING !!!!!!!! or KINGSSSSSS

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I am kinda conscientious (or you might say scared) about disease actually. The tangs are usually my indicator for bad condition, once they show any sighs of problems, I'll pay special attention to the water.

orsony, I heard that Queen are ..... as their name sake ..... a tougher lady to handle compare to the rest I've listed? Any truth to that?

bigbird, I saw some tiny to small (< 3") pre-pack angles in a LFS in the east, what are their odds of survival? And to be honest I can't really tell some of the juveniles apart when they are very small, any tricks to doing that or do I just have to print some images and go there and match to see if the retailer got it right ?

• SRC Member
I am kinda conscientious (or you might say scared) about disease actually. The tangs are usually my indicator for bad condition, once they show any sighs of problems, I'll pay special attention to the water.

orsony, I heard that Queen are ..... as their name sake ..... a tougher lady to handle compare to the rest I've listed? Any truth to that?

bigbird, I saw some tiny to small (< 3") pre-pack angles in a LFS in the east, what are their odds of survival? And to be honest I can't really tell some of the juveniles apart when they are very small, any tricks to doing that or do I just have to print some images and go there and match to see if the retailer got it right ?

To answer for bro Orsony, Queen require optimum water quality to survive. a little water parameter change will see them fall ill.

Those small pre pack angels at east LFS are likely to be juv koran, blue ring and blue lip angel, Try to avoid angel of those species below 3" and above 5 inches. Pomacanthus juvenile are blue with either circular or straight white lines. No guarantee

that all angel sure survive in your tank. It depend and rely on 3 factors 1. proper selection( including quarantine) 2. your water quality( including not overcrowded) 3. Luck. pls refer to www.wetwebmedia.com under marine fish Fish index 3 to indentified the Juvenile pomacanthus family. Very difficult to describe the pattern.

• SRC Member

Update of my tank.

Tank A raffles hotel 6 star treatment.

Tank B Hyatt hotel ( No choice A&B link to same sump)

Rafffles

post-4953-1240154128.jpg

post-4953-1240154176.jpg

post-4953-1240154203.jpg

post-4953-1240154231.jpg

• SRC Member

Hyatt

post-4953-1240154311.jpg

post-4953-1240154357.jpg

post-4953-1240154505.jpg

Update of my tank.

Tank A raffles hotel 6 star treatment.

Tank B Hyatt hotel ( No choice A&B link to same sump)

Rafffles

Bro, very nice kings and ear spot. You must maintain the reputation our Raffles and Hyatt. Dun turn them to Hotel 81, OK? I like your current collection. Very high class.

Bro, if u going to CF again. let me know.

• SRC Member
Bro, very nice kings and ear spot. You must maintain the reputation our Raffles and Hyatt. Dun turn them to Hotel 81, OK? I like your current collection. Very high class.

Bro, if u going to CF again. let me know.

Bro Dont play play with Hotel 81 ok. No room service but got coffee and tea 3 in 1.

• SRC Member
nice angel bro, btw does your blueline angel feed on pallets?

Feed on all food.

• SRC Member
Bro, I heard LCK next month have the high class "C" angel coming in. :eyebrow:

Aussie or africa faster say

• SRC Member
Aussie or africa faster say

Scribble :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Next fish if really want to put must be xl size. The King will kill them in 5 mins. Stop liao la. I will Lun Lun Lun