Mantis shrimp

alberted

• Senior Reefer
Any bro here can share what fish will hunt for they or how to caught them?

Last time i had one mantis shrimp. i no choice had to tear down tank, remove the rock and soak inf reshwater. it immediately come out. VERY hard to remove it any other way. Now i think my tank got a few more inside -.- can hear alot of clicking noise at night. And i saw it clicking my hermit crab before. zzz dam sian

• SRC Member
Last time i had one mantis shrimp. i no choice had to tear down tank, remove the rock and soak inf reshwater. it immediately come out. VERY hard to remove it any other way. Now i think my tank got a few more inside -.- can hear alot of clicking noise at night. And i saw it clicking my hermit crab before. zzz dam sian

Hi Bro

You sure they are all Mantis Shrimp? Pistol Shrimp does produce clicking sound too.

That time my small grouper kana attack when it swim near the LR think due to it size and now the grouper Rip LIAO SIAN confirm is mantis shrimp saw it come out half from LR hole. Today I take out and try put freshwater into the hole where it live but never come out le......

• Senior Reefer
Hi Bro

You sure they are all Mantis Shrimp? Pistol Shrimp does produce clicking sound too.

I confirm have one pistol shrimp inside my tank. Since day one till now, grow i think now about 4 inches. But the rest i can confirm is mantis shrimp. I saw glimpses of it before, those ugly stalk eyes poking out. I think i have about 3. Confirm is not pistol shrimp. Sometimes can see my snail and hermit crab kena attack by those. Like they stand at the mantis hole there, then kena knock knock knock. Saw before and recognise the sound.. The pistol shrimp in my tank wild one. And so far no problems from it. It hides under a rock at the front of my tank. Have a goby that i bought from LFS, pair with it naturally. Only problem is the shrimp ugly lol. So confirm those knocking sound is those damn mantis.... Last time catch one already, tot no more.

• Senior Reefer
That time my small grouper kana attack when it swim near the LR think due to it size and now the grouper Rip LIAO SIAN confirm is mantis shrimp saw it come out half from LR hole. Today I take out and try put freshwater into the hole where it live but never come out le......

Make sure it is the rock it live in 100% confirm. Sometimes at night it wander off and look for new rock to live in. Last time i saw my mantis shrimp go inside the hole, i faster take it out immediately and soak the whole rock in a pail of freshwater. It came out of the hole and i faster took out the liverock to prevent anymore die off.

• Senior Reefer
Bro I saw the mantis shrimp in the LR same put inside FW but nv come out le damn sian I pour whole baking power in to the water still nv come out but got lot of crab and P.shrimp come out.

wa. stubborn mantis. Maybe it died inside the rock? and u are sure 100% right? the same live rock... coz inverts cannot take freshwater. Anyway, if u want, throw away that rock lor. If its small