ever wonder how much you spend on utilities every month?

markietan

• SRC Member

hey all,

in the spirit of sharing, here's the spreadsheet you can use to help you calculate... i left the spreadsheet partially filled up as an example of how you should fill it up.

the electircal tariff is correct as of today (11 Feb).

http://www.spservices.com.sg

The water tariff is just an approximate...

http://www.pub.gov.sg/mpublications/Factsa...aterTariff.aspx

let me know if you have any questions on how to use this.... let's try and reduce our carbon footprint (and have some spare cash in our pocket) while maintaining this wonderful hobby!

Utilities_Cost.zip

hey all,

in the spirit of sharing, here's the spreadsheet you can use to help you calculate... i left the spreadsheet partially filled up as an example of how you should fill it up.

the electircal tariff is correct as of today (11 Feb).

http://www.spservices.com.sg

The water tariff is just an approximate...

http://www.pub.gov.sg/mpublications/Factsa...aterTariff.aspx

let me know if you have any questions on how to use this.... let's try and reduce our carbon footprint (and have some spare cash in our pocket) while maintaining this wonderful hobby!

Utilities_Cost.zip

Wah... this is good bro! thanks so much. will surely be using this to track my electrical bill... thank goodness i just change my chiller from resun to fishcooler..

Imagine: 650w to 110w

BUT based on 8 hrs of daily running rate, i'm saving... just <$1.00 a day?!?!?

hmmm....

Btw: you top up 5l a day?!?!? wah... that's a lot isn't it? Mine is about +/- 1.5l a day. (just nice for one mineral water bottle which i top up with kalk everyday).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
Wah... this is good bro! thanks so much. will surely be using this to track my electrical bill... thank goodness i just change my chiller from resun to fishcooler..

hmmm....

Btw: you top up 5l a day?!?!? wah... that's a lot isn't it? Mine is about +/- 1.5l a day. (just nice for one mineral water bottle which i top up with kalk everyday).

If can save $1 a day then not bad already cos that's $30 a mth and $360 a year in savings liao. Further, you are playing a part to save the environment too!

If can save $1 a day then not bad already cos that's $30 a mth and $360 a year in savings liao. Further, you are playing a part to save the environment too!

So if i use 1-2 years, i should recover the cost of buying a more expensive chiller! hahaha.. yeah!

btw, i really dunno how many hours does the chiller kick in everyday... is there anything out there that can monitor such things?

(think aquatronica does that right?)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

hmmm....

yeah.. about 5l a day, top up with kalk water using ATO.

i'm running a 40W fan... maybe i should put that fan on a external temp controller or something... but so far i think the tank is enjoying the calcium topup daily