medicine for white spot

m12345y

• SRC Member

This is quite an interesting article of how the author stocked up his fishes with hyposalinity, but of course it applies only to FOWLR. The main aim is to eliminate primary infestation like Ick which most/all of us encounters during stocking up. I personally experienced primary when also leads to secondary infestation. That made me restart, cured the existing fishes and in addition stocked 2 angelfish and 1 powder blue tang without any problem. In addition I have UV and added medication for 5 days as a preventive measure (Skimmer and UV turn off during the night when medication is added). IMO, without the parasite, the tank should be Ick free vs the argumentation that Ick is always present. But I do agree that food is one good source of beefing up the fish's health and immunity. However, against the article, i personally don't think that long term hypo is advisable.

But I always encourage QT whenever possible. Just my 2 cents...

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume_4/V4I...h/Angelfish.htm

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)