filther leaking~!!!

HI! my filther is leaking! is there any guideline for me to check to ensure that it doesnt leak? its an external canister from JEBAO...

Buy an eheim?

kidding, kidding. Why are you using a canister for marine? what media is running inside? Open check the O-Rings are ok,

see if the plastic latches are cracked (usually the cause)

• SRC Member

so eheim is a better brand?? thinking of getting a new one... whats the price range? issit very expensive???

Buy an eheim?

kidding, kidding. Why are you using a canister for marine? what media is running inside? Open check the O-Rings are ok,

see if the plastic latches are cracked (usually the cause)

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

so eheim is a better brand?? thinking of getting a new one... whats the price range? issit very expensive???

They are more expensive than those china made filters, but will last easily 5 - 10 years.

Depends on how big a canister you need, the smaller ones like the classic series are $150 plus. The bigger Pro series can go from $200+ to $300+++

• SRC Member

ok thanks!

They are more expensive than those china made filters, but will last easily 5 - 10 years.

Depends on how big a canister you need, the smaller ones like the classic series are $150 plus. The bigger Pro series can go from $200+ to $300+++

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

eheim is one of the most reliable. i have a friend who is still using his classic after 15 years plus minus.

i have used 2026, 2213, 2215 before ...

best of it's kind, nvr leak, quiet and reliable.

ranges from 80 all the way to 300

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Or you could try Fluval cheaper around 100-200.Is Canadian brand.Quite reliable as i am using it for my tank.No leakage and got a lot of filter media baskets.

girlone.png

Or you could try Fluval cheaper around 100-200.Is Canadian brand.Quite reliable as i am using it for my tank.No leakage and got a lot of filter media baskets.

Fluval also not bad, but avoid Hydor Canisters, even though its a US brand, they are not that well made (and not that cheap either), some horror stories if you look around.

Many of us (myself included) use Hydor wavemakers with no problems though.

But what are you using it for in your marine, still wondering, If you're using to run carbon might want to consider getting an FR and a pump.

If you're using to increase biological filtration, might want to consider adding more live rock into your tank.

If you're using to filter the water, be sure to clean / change the media in the canister every 1 - 2 weeks or less.