doctor fish die

• Senior Reefer

Labroides Wrasses (cleaner wrasses) are extremely difficult to maintain in the aqarium. there is a very high chance ur cleaner wrasse will die. this is an obligate cleaner in the wild meaning it gets ALL its nutrients from dead skin, necrotic tissue, parasites etc etc it picks off dead fishes. in the home aquarium, there is simply not enuf fish to sustain it. unless u get it feeding on mysis, pellets, etc. if ur cleaner wrasse is not feeding on prepared foods, it is best to house them in humongous community tanks where it can pick parasites and other sustainable food substance of many many fishes.

this is one fish that most ppl discourage from buying. majority will not survive unless u are lucky to get a feeding one. if you want a fish to clean ur other fish, u can try Gobiosoma gobies aka neon gobies. or a lysmata shrimp will do the job just fine. cleaner shrimps.

• Senior Reefer

actually, many ppl say cleaner wrasses are very hard to keep alive. but i know a few ppl here, and not here, who have kept many cleaner wrases alive for long time. feeding on the standard aqarium fare. just get a good size specimens. smaller ones usually do better.

• SRC Member

get it feeding before u release into main tank, pellet is hard to kick start with their diet, usually meaty stuff will do the job, like mine, i used fozen fish meat, and u'll get higher rate of surviving.

if not sometimes u can dip ur arm into the water, and it will nip ur dead skins away. okay , joking haa

get it feeding before u release into main tank, pellet is hard to kick start with their diet, usually meaty stuff will do the job, like mine, i used fozen fish meat, and u'll get higher rate of surviving.

if not sometimes u can dip ur arm into the water, and it will nip ur dead skins away. okay , joking haa

HA HA HA SO LIKE THIS I BUY 50PCS AND THEN OPEN FISH SPA THEN U BE THE FIRST CUSTOMER K :eyebrow:

Unless you have a major parasitic isopod infestation I do not see the point in buying a cleaner wrasse. Stop buying, it will only lead to the continuation in their unfortunate trade. The fish themselves are vulnerable to the diseases that affect your other fish, they are not immune.

Everytime someone is successful in buying a pc that survives, many others die. It's not sustainable at all..

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
so stop buying it buy only u are confident in keeping it alife

hmm I suppose no one is really a 99% confident to keep it alive

so stop the buying folks :eyebrow::rolleyes:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Like one bro said, for one that survived, many many othere perished. It's really heartpain and sad everytime when i see a tank full of healthy cleaner wrasses imported by LFS cos i know majority of them will perish within a week. :cry::cry: Of course, to some people, they would say, "who cares!" as long as my tanks look nice.

LFS should not have imported them and left them in the ocean to benefit other fishes there which will in turn benefit everyone. As hobbyists, we should stop buying them too so that LFS will get that signal.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Please stop buying cleaner wrasse. This trade is not sustainable.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)