LR arrangements

• SRC Member
thanks for all the advice!!! i think i shall reduce the amount of LRs in my tank abit.. and maybe think of ways to create some caves out of them.. haha..

All the best bro! Enjoy yr hunt..haha

Make sure there is enough flow for yr caves...if not dirt will accumulate there. Cheerios! :D

l7304smr.jpg

Um bro your tank is still being cycled and there is a poor clownfish in there? :(

You're torturing it.

Looks like you're running a canister for filtration? what is its flow rate and what media are you running inside the canister.

Also you may want to invest in a wavemaker or two to keep water circulation going, Look at the Hydor Koralia 1 or Koralia 2 wavemakers.

Your scape like some bros here have mentioned looks a bit unnatural, looks more like a tetris board than a reef, hehehe.

Thats fine though, usually when using lots of small pieces it can end up like that easily. As long as you like the look of it, its fine.

• SRC Member
Um bro your tank is still being cycled and there is a poor clownfish in there? :(

You're torturing it.

Looks like you're running a canister for filtration? what is its flow rate and what media are you running inside the canister.

Also you may want to invest in a wavemaker or two to keep water circulation going, Look at the Hydor Koralia 1 or Koralia 2 wavemakers.

Your scape like some bros here have mentioned looks a bit unnatural, looks more like a tetris board than a reef, hehehe.

Thats fine though, usually when using lots of small pieces it can end up like that easily. As long as you like the look of it, its fine.

are you refering to the first one? haha... i've redone it again.. what do you think??? anyway, my flow rate is 1500L... as for wavemaker, my tank's a 2ft, wont it be abit too strong? i have a cooling fan though... as for the clownfish, its gone already.. haha.. dont worry, not intending to add in any more live stocks further as yet... i thought the fish would be able to help me speed up the cycling process..... haha...

anyway thanks for all the advice to you and everyone out there... i've learnt alot from this... (:

post-16223-1239909952.jpg

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

your arangement is ok. you may like to check that you have enough space between your LR and tank wall for efficient cleaning by a magnetic scrubber. The 1500l is just right for soft corals (you are using a hydor korella 1, i guess?). I also have a 2 foot tank and am currently running on a seio prop 320 (1200l/h) and a hang-over filter (600l/h) and am keeping mostly softies. If you want to keep a lot of LPS or SPS, you may want to buy more tank circulation or if you only have a few specimens, direct your wavemaker towards them.

• SRC Member
your arangement is ok. you may like to check that you have enough space between your LR and tank wall for efficient cleaning by a magnetic scrubber. The 1500l is just right for soft corals (you are using a hydor korella 1, i guess?). I also have a 2 foot tank and am currently running on a seio prop 320 (1200l/h) and a hang-over filter (600l/h) and am keeping mostly softies. If you want to keep a lot of LPS or SPS, you may want to buy more tank circulation or if you only have a few specimens, direct your wavemaker towards them.

sorry.. i sound very noob here, but what is LPS and SPS??? hahaha....

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

hey guys....

rearranged my LR once again...

adding a few Live Branches to it.....

need new comments...

dont worry about saying that its ugly =p

i want the truth, so that i can improve from it...

i've tried to create a few caves here and there...

do you still think that there're too many LRs in my tank?

post-16223-1240318543.jpg

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

Suggestion: your rocks should not be higher that 3/4 tank height. So when you put corals on them, your corals will not touch air. Also, you want a bit of buffer to allow for lower water levels during water changes.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Suggestion: your rocks should not be higher that 3/4 tank height. So when you put corals on them, your corals will not touch air. Also, you want a bit of buffer to allow for lower water levels during water changes.

Additionally you might not want rocks to be resting on the glass. Leave enough space for an algae cleaning magnet to pass between LR and rock so you can clean the glass easier.

Also it should improve circulation and reduce the amount of detritus that collects there.

• SRC Member
hey guys....

rearranged my LR once again...

adding a few Live Branches to it.....

need new comments...

dont worry about saying that its ugly =p

i want the truth, so that i can improve from it...

i've tried to create a few caves here and there...

do you still think that there're too many LRs in my tank?

I think this is better....yr left side can put zoas and SPS. So when u do water change they are expose to the air and lights,,just like their natural habitat during low tide.

More liverocks means more beneficial biological filteration.

l7304smr.jpg