Tank transfer

huskiesg

• SRC Member

Hi fellow reefers,

I will be doing a tank transfer on the 20th of Dec. I will be moving my current LS from my 4ft tank to a 3ft.

I estimate the time needed to complete the whole transfer process in one week time - to the time the LS would be placed in the new tank.

But during the time I will require a temporary storage place to put the LS. So I was hoping any kind soul that have an extra tub can borrow me for the period? :):thanks:

Kam siah Kam siah :)

Kevin

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member
:thanks: bro, but I do have a fair amount of LR plus LS so was thinking of getting those big plastic tub. Some more yours is a new tank, *paiseh* .. But appreciate it :thanks: again.. :)

• SRC Member
how long do you need it. I have a round tub about over 12 inch and suppose to hold about 100 l . is that good enough?

Bro, pm you :)

Hi fellow reefers, sorry I forget to include the size of the tub I may need. I was looking in the region with the capacity of about 300plus Litres :):thanks: people

• SRC Member
Hi fellow reefers,

I will be doing a tank transfer on the 20th of Dec. I will be moving my current LS from my 4ft tank to a 3ft.

I estimate the time needed to complete the whole transfer process in one week time - to the time the LS would be placed in the new tank.

But during the time I will require a temporary storage place to put the LS. So I was hoping any kind soul that have an extra tub can borrow me for the period? :):thanks:

Kam siah Kam siah :)

Kevin

actually your time will be cut down... if you transfer all your LS to MY 3ft... heh.... :evil:

• SRC Member
actually your time will be cut down... if you transfer all your LS to MY 3ft... heh.... :evil:

:lol: Hippos, I can pass you my DAMSELS :evil:

Hey, when can I view your tank? Think we both set up about the same time :)

• SRC Member
how on earth are you going to bring the 3ft back home.

The initial plan was to get three of my Biggest size frens to assist in the moving and I become the foreman :lol:

Then again, I didn't want to take the risk so gona get some contact from Arofanatics to move the tank :) Price reasonable and ease of mind.

• SRC Member
ah yes. eye power on your part.

got insurance or not?

sekali kenna scratch or something

I have yet to call the mover.. will do so tomorrow. BTW, can help me check with your mover how much would it cost to move a 3ft tank with cabinet?

Crab, you really buy the plastic pool and transfer it?

yes, that's the best i can find with such capacity. Good thing is they can be compressed for storage, unlike tub which is so bulky.

terryansimon, I only use it for mixing salt water. I doubt life rocks can pierce it, the material is quite durable.

• SRC Member
sorry ah kevin. my mover = my tank maker and his workers. :P

comes with the tank. hehz. I paid a bit of extra lah.

Actually, I am contemplating between those professional house movers or the tank mover advertise on arofanatics.

The professional house movers are quite exp but they gave me the assurance that safe delivery is guaranteed and insured for.

I have yet to call the other fellow due to work.. I will consolidate all my options tomorrow :)

• SRC Member
huskiesg, just a suggestion, buy an inflatable pool from Toy-R-Us at $20+. It is 300+ litre. I did that for major water changes.

Will the plastic pool leach anything back to the SW? Seems a good option but just curious about the concern.

Then after the transfer, can soak myself in the pool :lol:

• SRC Member
for me I buy those rectangular tubs/container wif clip on cover from NTUC abt 4 of them to contain the 80Kg of LRs each cost 9.9sgd, syrofoam box which is smaller in size oreadi cost 5bucks. (each abt 2ftx1.5x1.5 size)

Somemore can reuse for other purpose! eg. neater storage in store room.

I wanted to use one big storage to place all the LS and LR as it is going to be there for at least a few days so will be running filtration and skimming. Too many containers used, later mum long face :lol: