wavemaker for 2ft tank

• SRC Member

hey...

thinking of getting a wavemaker for my 2ft tank....

any recommended brands or flowrate that i should follow???

the LS swimming in the tank wont get affected by the strong currents right?

do i need one if my tank is a FOWLR tank?

thanks!

• Like 1

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

hey...

thinking of getting a wavemaker for my 2ft tank....

any recommended brands or flowrate that i should follow???

the LS swimming in the tank wont get affected by the strong currents right?

do i need one if my tank is a FOWLR tank?

thanks!

Hydor K2 should work fine in ur tank. The K2 is very good becos the flow is spread out, compared to other wavemakers than shoots out in a single stream. I have K2, K3, 6025, 6055. My suggestion for ur 2ft is to go for the K2.

• SRC Member
Hydor K2 should work fine in ur tank. The K2 is very good becos the flow is spread out, compared to other wavemakers than shoots out in a single stream. I have K2, K3, 6025, 6055. My suggestion for ur 2ft is to go for the K2.

thank you! roughly how much does it cost?

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member
I think there is someone selling a K2 in the pasar malam section.

Check it out. :)

hmmm... cant find it...

ANYONE OUT THERE SELLING A 2ND HAND HYDRO K2 WAVEMAKER????

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member
a cheaper option would be a seio prop 320 at 1200l/h. i have that supplemented by a hang on filter (600l/h) and it works fine for my mushrooms.

is 1200l/hr good enough for a 2ft tank?

oh ya if i eventually think of keeping a FOWLR tank, wavemaker wont be necessary right?

Carpe Diem~!!!

oh well, in my opinion, some corals like mushrooms are so easy to keep that if you are considering an FLOWR tank, you might also consider keeping them as they can live in pretty dismal water conditions compared to other corals. If you have too strong a flow, you will have issues keeping mushrooms. If you have the money, you may just want to spend the extra thirty bucks and get the wavemaker. By the way, a 2 foot tank would not be able to house too many fishes. Tangs and triggers are out as they require a much larger swimming space, clowns are agressive towards each other and damsels - i don't suggest you get them. they are aggressive and hard to catch when you eventually want them out of the tank. You may want to consider a mushroom garden....underwater. leather corals are also pretty easy...then as your confidence grows, you can try green star polyp, zoos, open brains and even clams. those are what i have.

• SRC Member
oh well, in my opinion, some corals like mushrooms are so easy to keep that if you are considering an FLOWR tank, you might also consider keeping them as they can live in pretty dismal water conditions compared to other corals. If you have too strong a flow, you will have issues keeping mushrooms. If you have the money, you may just want to spend the extra thirty bucks and get the wavemaker. By the way, a 2 foot tank would not be able to house too many fishes. Tangs and triggers are out as they require a much larger swimming space, clowns are agressive towards each other and damsels - i don't suggest you get them. they are aggressive and hard to catch when you eventually want them out of the tank. You may want to consider a mushroom garden....underwater. leather corals are also pretty easy...then as your confidence grows, you can try green star polyp, zoos, open brains and even clams. those are what i have.

how about the lighting and temperature?? what is the minimum requirement that i have to follow to keep those you mentioned above...

Carpe Diem~!!!