DIY Sump for small Nano tanks?

jeremywe

Hi everyone,

I've caught the "flu" bug lately and have been wanting to upgrade to a bigger tank. Cant stand the itch any longer. But before i do that, i wanted to make sure i'm ready for it before simply jumping in. Besides knowing how to manage my water quality, i wanna pick up some experience with the hardwares too.

Currently, i have the 24G nano cube with an IOS. There is really so much i can learn from this. Hence, i was wondering if anyone has managed to plug in a sump into such a small setup? If so, how should i go about doing it? Also, with the lack of working space around this small tank, it would be great if anyone has any piping pictures to share.

I've seen some siphoning approaches for tanks without the hole, is there anyone or shop who sells this, or offers such service? I'm quite hopeless when it comes to the hard core DIY stuff, so i'd prefer to get something that is plug and play so as to avoid the mess and errors.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

bro, to convert from IOS to EOS without a drilling hole on your tank, 2 ways to go for it,

1/ if you are a non-DIY guy, go for ready made overflow box with a min surface size of 6".

2/ Overflow pipe system with 1" pvc pipe.

God Bless.