First experience in Marine_ 150 Gallon

kimwailee

it will b gd to consolidate info from most of e reefer whu got this so called blue hornet from lck.. the correct specs tht will maintain most of its colours..

i believe e RC blue hornets looks bit different, any1 ask where lck bring it in from?

ERR, I asked the china girls. They said that they were from US. I guess Steven brought them in to add weight to this shipment so ie. pay lesser on freight and more worth it I suppose (:

Anyway RC hornets, some definitely look different from what we have gotten here from Steven but some look dot to dot like what we have. I had some old hornets from bro. LemonLemon which he bought them from Sealife that time and trust me, they look more or less about the same. The differences are that bro.LemonLemon's hornets don't have the lumi green skirt around, just plain purple with the yellow/green ring inside and also it's a smaller polyp variation (: Anyway there are alot of names for this variation of zoas. Blue Steel, AOI, Hornets etc are some of their names being used around. Do a search in RC and you will find the answers.

Nonetheless, for people who love zoas, I solemnly recommend this to be bought and kept. God knows when they are going to hit our shores again.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro.. those zoas u want take donkey year to grow.. be patient and keep finger crossed my zoas stay healthy...

I must find time to rob your tank.... full of ZOAS :bow: .... hmm.. will reserve some space to host your collection as well.... :rolleyes:

Bro np just rem me when you fragging ur zoa... :eyebrow:

No worries zoa inside ur tank will surely grew more & more.....Bro all my zoa are normal type 1 can't compare to yours...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member
Bro np just rem me when you fragging ur zoa... :eyebrow:

No worries zoa inside ur tank will surely grew more & more.....Bro all my zoa are normal type 1 can't compare to yours...

Bro.. dun said like that lar.. I remember you have one super red you showed me on your camera... I am still waiting... Hihi

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Bro, nice... wah, you still have some more rainbow ah!!!! :)

Thanks for your rainbow leh, hope it will multiply more towards the rock...

Sorry bro..r u the one with the wall mount tank ? Hihi.. old man with poor memory

wow bro as usual ur zoa are WOW.....got any frags?? :whistle

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

Got a few frags but those are the normal one, i.e black face, rainbow, yellow face and green green zoas.. you might not like it.

bro interested in ur rainbow lay :eyebrow: when can pop by ur place to view ur tank :whistle

• SRC Supporter
Sorry bro..r u the one with the wall mount tank ? Hihi.. old man with poor memory

Yup right, haha. Dun worry lah, i also short term memory. Bro, confirm that time I got from you is rainbow right? Some reefer post in my tank thread says is gobstopper.... I'm lost. Maybe I didn't catch a clearer picture... tats y.

• SRC Member
Yup right, haha. Dun worry lah, i also short term memory. Bro, confirm that time I got from you is rainbow right? Some reefer post in my tank thread says is gobstopper.... I'm lost. Maybe I didn't catch a clearer picture... tats y.

Bro, in my opinon, these are just commercial names given... be it rainbow or gobstopper, as long as the zoa is nice and you like it.. You can even name it something else you like.. :whistle

• SRC Member

Hihi.. It is from the same colony... Maybe your photo skill need to improved.. Haha..

I believe the first photo in my luminous series is the rainBow.. Amby, right ?

• SRC Member
Bro, in my opinon, these are just commercial names given... be it rainbow or gobstopper, as long as the zoa is nice and you like it.. You can even name it something else you like.. :whistle

Agree with David..

Anyway, here is the Rainbow ID from ZoasID.....

post-14768-1255577108.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Hihi.. It is from the same colony... Maybe your photo skill need to improved.. Haha..

I believe the first photo in my luminous series is the rainBow.. Amby, right ?

Ya ya...Amby. haha... I lack of macro lens and lazy to use tripod, just hold with bare hands. Just got a 2nd hand lens but is more for daily usage (Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM) Hope to get a 2nd hand Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Di Sp when a right price comes along. :)

• SRC Supporter

:) the guru has spoken........

to: bro mitlancer

u might want to play ard with adaptability of the zoas for the size of the inner circle/rim... zoas react/morph differently in diff water parameters, the name is merely a reference.

if we all speak diff langauge then nth much for reference. i used to have some rainbows but gave to bro chamty already..

no offences to any reefers..

to: bro ah lee

hw is the lck blue zoas doin ?

post-2836-1255614033_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

LCK blue zoas ???

Do you mean blue hornet ? left 50% of it and mostly melt away... still dun understand the placing requirement... high or low flow, strong or low light.. how those survive will be strong for next generation....

to: bro mitlancer

u might want to play ard with adaptability of the zoas for the size of the inner circle/rim... zoas react/morph differently in diff water parameters, the name is merely a reference.

if we all speak diff langauge then nth much for reference. i used to have some rainbows but gave to bro chamty already..

no offences to any reefers..

to: bro ah lee

hw is the lck blue zoas doin ?

• SRC Member