comy's newbie tank

comycus

They can grow in excess of 10 inches... :eyebrow:

Depending on how many heads they have also...small, medium, large...which size u looking at??? :rolleyes:

nano... of course the smaller the better.

Do they roam like anemonies?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
nano... of course the smaller the better.

Do they roam like anemonies?

Then u have to look for a single or 2 head one lor...My 3 head already open up to more than 5 inches liao...and because my sand bed is filled with my sun, supersun and rhizos, i put it on my rocks high up where they can't sting any other corals... :eyebrow:

They can't roam because they are stuck to their skeleton... :P

Anamones don't roam much actually. if they find a place where they are comfortable, they can be there for months...and they won't roam especially if they have a clownfish hosting in them.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Then u have to look for a single or 2 head one lor...My 3 head already open up to more than 5 inches liao...and because my sand bed is filled with my sun, supersun and rhizos, i put it on my rocks high up where they can't sting any other corals... :eyebrow:

bro would be good to put your elegance on sandbed. Their flesh are v. sensitive, and wouldn't like rubbing against rocks... In the wild they are always found on the sandbed in murky waters.

I bet Lemon will be writing something about this soon... He's the pro at it :)

• SRC Member
Another Acan lord? :eyebrow: More of my blastos... I really love these 2 species of corals shown here... so nice! (ps. this is my so called half tank shot under blue lights)

post-16489-1257685990_thumb.jpg

okie... a lousy FTS of what I have now... with some hidden corals on the other side.

post-16489-1257686015_thumb.jpg

A lot of good stuffs from GO... :eyebrow:

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
bro would be good to put your elegance on sandbed. Their flesh are v. sensitive, and wouldn't like rubbing against rocks... In the wild they are always found on the sandbed in murky waters.

I bet Lemon will be writing something about this soon... He's the pro at it :)

8.37 am and ur awake on SRC! lolz. and wah u can be my prodigy. my old elegance was exactly 1.1ft. measured it. my new 1 cannot compare in size. around 9-10 inches when fully open. but colour wise similar :)

• SRC Member
8.37 am and ur awake on SRC! lolz. and wah u can be my prodigy. my old elegance was exactly 1.1ft. measured it. my new 1 cannot compare in size. around 9-10 inches when fully open. but colour wise similar :)

lol I'm doing my morning routine. Breakfast, papers, src, email.

sigh... then work monday blues!!!

• SRC Member

Planning a rescape of my tank with some quality live rock from some of the bros here I know :eyebrow: take the opportunity to get rid of my 1.5ft+ worm hiding inside my rocks :shock: and some pests (Jacky if I were you, I would try to get rid of them too, they are the same as the ones you have in your tank... My 10+ stalks have spread to over 100+ in less than 3 weeks)

Anyone wants to help contribute with optic power (copyrighted by Jacky)?

Planning a rescape of my tank with some quality live rock from some of the bros here I know :eyebrow: take the opportunity to get rid of my 1.5ft+ worm hiding inside my rocks :shock: and some pests (Jacky if I were you, I would try to get rid of them too, they are the same as the ones you have in your tank... My 10+ stalks have spread to over 100+ in less than 3 weeks)

Anyone wants to help contribute with optic power (copyrighted by Jacky)?

yikes 1.5 ft worm? GROSSED :sick:

I am a bit lazy to get rid of those pest leh.

how are you going to do it?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
yikes 1.5 ft worm? GROSSED :sick:

I am a bit lazy to get rid of those pest leh.

how are you going to do it?

errm replace them with new live rock? lol

Gonna be my dec 'hols' project :) upgrading my fishes house from condo to landed property... hopefully they like their new homes, and improve the flow in my tank.

btw it's 1.5ft PLUS. coz i have not seen the tail, and it was already occupying half the length of my tank...

Gonna be my dec 'hols' project :) upgrading my fishes house from condo to landed property... hopefully they like their new homes, and improve the flow in my tank.

btw it's 1.5ft PLUS. coz i have not seen the tail, and it was already occupying half the length of my tank...

Arh i c. Free I come down and help see see look look. :)

just let me know when.

Somehow I am glad my tank is just 20 gallon. phew.....

• SRC Member

cook all ur rocks lah...confirmed all the pest will mati... :eyebrow::upsidedown::rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Arh i c. Free I come down and help see see look look. :)

just let me know when.

Somehow I am glad my tank is just 20 gallon. phew.....

Wah...Jacky the WORM CATCHER... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
haha not only my pests mati, my fishes and corals all mati together... no more bacteria...

Then after u cook the rocks, dose the rocks with super bacteria lor... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Then after u cook the rocks, dose the rocks with super bacteria lor... :eyebrow:

heh so u will cover my insurance if anything goes wrong? :lol:

jk jk, anyway it will be good to rescape also la... my current rocks v. hard to put corals on unless I glue them... Hopefully get new rocks with more holes in them :)

cannot lah....

just leave the rocks in the open for half a day, the worm will crawl out.

just make sure you sprinkle some water from time to time.

• SRC Member
cannot lah....

just leave the rocks in the open for half a day, the worm will crawl out.

just make sure you sprinkle some water from time to time.

yeah do it the CF way!

but that still doesn't solve the sedentariate polychaete worms problem. The fastest way is to inspect every rock closely and keep those that are not affected and changing the rest.

the best way to kill the worms is to cook the rock in hot water and dry them..:)

i got "tons" of dead rocks for me to play around. :)

but I don't have such a big pot to cook them in! My rocks are all big ones... maybe put in oven and roast... lol

• Senior Reefer

my rhomboid wrasse and my arrow crab are expert bristle worm hunters :eyebrow: my flame and exquisite will come and steal the worm from the rhomboid....once he finds it. but cannot win my 4 inch yellow wrasse. teeth like ice picks will rip the worm into confetti and my whole tank will have a worm party :D

• SRC Member
heh so u will cover my insurance if anything goes wrong? :lol:

jk jk, anyway it will be good to rescape also la... my current rocks v. hard to put corals on unless I glue them... Hopefully get new rocks with more holes in them :)

U buy insurance from NTUC Income lor... :P

You want more holes in ur rocks huh??? Buy a power drill and drill holes in the rocks lor... :idea:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: