abt eheim2226or 2228 and Atman3338

Anthony

• SRC Member

hi guys

hope u guys can give me a advise abt atman 3338 and eheim 2226/8...

i find that both of it is abt the same. just that eheim is more reliable. but budget wise ... eheim is so much ex rite?

how much 2226/8 cost?

hmm i m keen to get at3338 for my 3ft tank ... izzit advisable? or shld i get only at3337?

hope u guys can enlighten me

http://www.eheim.com

http://www.chuangxing.com/product/product....egory_ID=101###

• SRC Member

mrjoe,

i have never used a Atman b4.. but i can tell u one thing for sure, Eheim is ex.. true.. but it is worth every cent u pay for... last u years.. and replacements parts are easily available... a 2226/8 should be ard the region of 260-320...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Ermm. mrjoe, have you look into the 2215/17 series? According to some, they are the better marine canister filters.. because of the way the water flows thru the canister, for marine, it's better to have top in bottom out rather than both the inlet and outlet at the top..

my 2 cts

• SRC Member

Hi

I was at Nature collecting my CO2 bottle and I saw them selling the Ehiem 2228 at $290 and Atman 3338 at S$180. Chan showed me that he is using it for his display tank and told me that he had all the spares for the Atman filter.

Personally I feel that both filter are abt the same but price wise, there is a difference of $110!!! U can buy a lot of things with that money!!! Anyway Chan told me that he recieved good comments of the filter thats why he brought it in to sell.

For me I'll go for the Atman.

• SRC Member
Ermm. mrjoe, have you look into the 2215/17 series? According to some, they are the better marine canister filters.. because of the way the water flows thru the canister, for marine, it's better to have top in bottom out rather than both the inlet and outlet at the top..

my 2 cts

Tango,

i have never seen a 2215/7 at work.. but personally, if i have to use a canister filter, i would go for 2227/9... they have a wet/dry chamber for cultivating the bacteria to break down the wastes... but it is on the high side in terms of cost.. a 2229 is abt $380 :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

yeah thanx guys for those advise... heehee today me goin around singapore for window shopping.. go to kelantan lan .. then decide to diy a sump myself. is kinda cheaper n more effective.

went to yishun too. wow that shop got sell alots of stuff... somemore their 3338 or ATf4 only sell @$98.

"I was at Nature collecting my CO2 bottle and I saw them selling the Ehiem 2228 at $290 and Atman 3338 at S$180"

hmm Adrianli how long ago when u ask chan abt it?... now atman having sales. check it out manz

thanx guyz