WTS: exotic deep sea anemone (red)

• SRC Member
i doubt your friend is a real "EXOTIC" Anemone collector at all...

if he really was, then he would have known that this are Pseudocorynactis sp. and not what was claimed...

they fall under Corallimorpharia family....

Anemone falls under Anthozoa.....

Bro, not very nice to comment the seller as whether a real exotic anemones collector. I am sure he was told by whoever lfs that sold this to him and telling him that it is a rare deep sea anemone. Responsibility should shoulder by the lfs. Either the lfs don’t know what is it sell it as deep sea anemone because it looks like one. And more over how many reefer will really do research on the corals itself. So cant blame him, as mention that he was told by lfs as deep sea anemone.

a PM on your comment to the thread started will be more polite and respect to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

i doubt your friend is a real "EXOTIC" Anemone collector at all...

if he really was, then he would have known that this are Pseudocorynactis sp. and not what was claimed...

they fall under Corallimorpharia family....

Anemone falls under Anthozoa.....

Oops! sorry to interrup. Anyway i'll coined it myself "Mushroom Anemone" :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: Well it looks exotic to me.

By the way ""WATS THE REQUIREMENT...ment....ment"' HEHE I hope dats cools down everything.

• SRC Member
Oops! sorry to interrup. Anyway i'll coined it myself "Mushroom Anemone" :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: Well it looks exotic to me.

By the way ""WATS THE REQUIREMENT...ment....ment"' HEHE I hope dats cools down everything.

This really like an anemone but was classified as mushroom family. I think some bro here had successfully keep them can help.

No heat at all bro, just i feel personally we should show respect to one another. No one is expert. If i love angel fish, i will read and search more into angel fish, when you ask me i can answer you everything then like that i will sound expert liao, haha. Nowadat some lfs sell product but cant give more detail. So let do some research before we purchase them. Well research dont go wrong. Tio bo :eyebrow:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

{i was told and heard} that this ' mushroom anemone' has the reputation that "it doesnt die!" btw , it doesnt live much on light, you have to feed it. :)

Corynactis and Pseudocorynactis are called anenome although classified under Corallimorphians.. And not a lot ppl know about that... Becos most of the reefers will not go in depth into the specific Genus and Species...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Hi Bros - thanks for all your clarifications and help in ID-ing. I was just doing my fren a favour (he seldom go online) and has quoted everything he said, apologize for any confusion or mis-education as I'm more a fish person than corals. I've got more details here for those who are interested:

- Bought from CF @ $250

- Kept in main tank together with SPS/LPS with MH, but doesn't seem to need a lot of light (currently keeping in SUMP and still doing well opening with minimal feeding)

- Owner told me this rare specimen was once sold for abt 400-500 in a well known LFS from the east just abt a year ago

I've personally seen it when it was in owner's main tank, the photo he provided me might not do justice to the actual coloration, etc. Interested reefer might want to separately contact Louis for more questions (9679-0184), price is absolutely negotiable. Thanks!

Rgds,

Kenny