the tang died in second days...

osmosis

• SRC Member

i juz buy a dunno wad tang which is in brown grey colour, it has little yellow spot on its head. the shape is like those powder blue tang...

then on the first day night, it eat the shrimp i feed... at abt 0845. then when i see it again at 0030, the tang hide in the cave and its body was full wif white spot. that is terrible look. i use garlic again. then next morning 0530... it seem weak and 'peng san' at the sand bed. then i went to work, my father say the fish is completely motionless at abt 0700+...

wad is the problem??? other fishes is ok...

normally, i would leave my bag of newly acquired fish in my tank for about 30 to 45 minutes...... adding 10% of my own tank water every 10 mins up to 50%. then slowly release the fish into the tank...... all these normally done at night...... seems to hv work out for me alright so far.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
you just put it in for 15 mins and you dumped it into the tank?!

yes... dump it in aft 15mins, still not enuf?

and that day i pack the tang myself, the boss is not free... then when i tie the bag, i didnt tied it properbly, so gas leak, so i dump it in quickly...

but even wif the longer acclimatelize, u mean the tang will not get the white spot? or? thanx for helping...

• SRC Member
normally, i would leave my bag of newly acquired fish in my tank for about 30 to 45 minutes...... adding 10% of my own tank water every 10 mins up to 50%. then slowly release the fish into the tank...... all these normally done at night...... seems to hv work out for me alright so far.

hey... it sound good! thanx for ur ways...

but if wif the problem started wif my water itself... the acclimatelization is not useful... anyway, thanx...

• SRC Member

Think it should be the initial shock stressing it too much. When Tangs are stress, very prone to white spot. What the bros say is correct. all you did was equalise the temp of the water in the bag and your tank temp. This is not enough. You need to get the Tang accustomed to your tank's water parameter. If you jus thrown in like that, it will be shock by the change in PH, salinity etc.... plus a new enviroment, new tanks mates, bright etc... = great stress

• SRC Member

Yeah it could be stressed out by wrong acclimization methods but the thing is that it actually ate the shrimp you fed in the first day so that's pretty weird... Erm... Could another cause be cyanide poisoning? Do all LFS in Singapore import fishes which are caught via cyanide?