FL Lighting...

wolfie

• SRC Member

yeah guys ... today me went down kelantan lane.. hiap hie electric co pte ltd. blk28 #01-125.

i m just wondering whether ... osram PL 36w 11-860 290 daylight izzit 10000k ? or 6500k>? cos the owner also dunno how many k .

they selling 1 for $10 same price as nature.

eballest 2x38w is $30. 1x36 is $18

their reflector 4ft is $11

i tot of buying .. but i m nt sure whether it is 10000k or 6500k

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

When light manufacturers use the term 'Daylight', it usually means 5500K to 7000K, but definitely not 10000K.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
oh oh... I :blink:

pardon my blur-ness den... :ph34r:

tanzy... u said 2 PL 2 FL... U tink my 1 ft width can hold so much? any restrictions of corals to tis combi?

I think it will be just fully packed with light tubes. You might want to consider T5 instead of PL if you are worried about space. If the tank top is covered, heat can buildup and evaporation is also reduced.

You can keep softies and some LPS. Can't really keep clams happy.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

If you can get T5, why not? They produce more light than PL and take up less space. Actually after thinking a bit more, one Actinic tube would do, switch the other FL tube for 10000K.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

so 3 T5 10,000K FL and 1 Actinic FL...

My tank is (almost) a 2 footer. 23.5" to b exact. I shld buy the 18" tubes rite?

Den do u suggest I get 2 stronger e-ballasts or 4 e-ballasts? And any one noes abt dimmer and timmer for the lights?

• SRC Member

Get the 24" tubes. All you need is the 2' FL or PL casing that comes with those clear plastic legs to plonk onto your tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg