My new Dream tank ?

Harlequinmania

• SRC Member
By the way, i just got my electrical bill for last 2 month and it suprise me that my average total electrical bill for my 4 room flat is only $ 80.00 per month runing with my 6 footer !!! I cant believe it myself either ..

!!!!!!!!???? :shock:

wow tt's really v. energy efficient! v. impressive! LED seems to be the way to go

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow tt's really v. energy efficient! v. impressive! LED seems to be the way to go

Light does play a part of it, but i think other equipment like getting a effective chiller, and good return pump will helps as well.

lol what are you waiting for Comy?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
lol what are you waiting for Comy?

waiting for sponsor :P

anyway, I think Boss's case is the perfect scenario on how being energy efficient really saves $$ and the earth too. If you can update us in future on your utility bills would be great! Just an average ballpark figure taken over like 6 months or something. :)

anyway, I think Boss's case is the perfect scenario on how being energy efficient really saves $$ and the earth too. If you can update us in future on your utility bills would be great! Just an average ballpark figure taken over like 6 months or something. :)

k k. will let you guys know the incremental bills....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

finially got time to do some update.. Have added in some of the matured rocks which i get from reefer.. Undergoing cycling now since two week..

Hi Bro , may I know you using NSW or mixed salt water ? which one is better ? I been buying alot of fish like, king angel , Emperor,blue face,etc..All RIP ... :cry2: What should I do ? some reefer ask to change to NSW... can ???

I kpo..... it is highly unlikely that it is the saltwater type that is causing your fish demise.:P

Hi Bro , may I know you using NSW or mixed salt water ? which one is better ? I been buying alot of fish like, king angel , Emperor,blue face,etc..All RIP ... :cry2: What should I do ? some reefer ask to change to NSW... can ???

Hi bro,

I am using NSW, but I dont think your fish R.I.P got to do with you using either NSW or Salt mixed.. As many reefer here is using either one with success. There has also been some debate going on in one of the topic here earlier that Salt mix is better than NSW as it contain more trace element , ca and other contains than normal NSW. There are many reason for fish that die in your tank..

For what i see from your signature with your equipment list and fish you got, i feel maybe your tank is a little bit overstocks. You might want to consider upgrading your skimmer to deal with the waste provide by these numbers of fish you got or cutting down on your feeding routine ect..

Hope this helps.. :)

Sure, i am also monitoring it closely for the next few month for sure.. :eyebrow:

Hi bro,

I am using NSW, but I dont think your fish R.I.P got to do with you using either NSW or Salt mixed.. As many reefer here is using either one with success. There has also been some debate going on in one of the topic here earlier that Salt mix is better than NSW as it contain more trace element , ca and other contains than normal NSW. There are many reason for fish that die in your tank..

For what i see from your signature with your equipment list and fish you got, i feel maybe your tank is a little bit overstocks. You might want to consider upgrading your skimmer to deal with the waste provide by these numbers of fish you got or cutting down on your feeding routine ect..

Hope this helps.. :)

HI Bro, thanks for your info....

• 1 month later...

Didn’t update my tank thread for some time now.. Manage to have some time today to update some of the upgrade i have for my tank ...

After the recent tank crush during my 3 day trip to Malaysia, one of the boxer fish die and i believe when the body inside the water start to decompose it releases the toxin and started to spread like wild fire.. :cry2::cry2:

I loss my precious AT and Golden Angel and some other fishes as well ,and now i took the chance also to rescape my tank.

Atam 36W UV which i recently installed.. Runing on 5 hour / 3 day a week..

Wanted to get a better unit, but the price for this is really a good deal i cant resisit.. :eyebrow:

Water is "T-Off" from my ehiem chiller pump.

post-1182-1262327204_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1262327227_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1264436948_thumb.jpg

Algae scrubber after running for two week now..Using water proof LED Lighting, runing on 18 hour a day .

Blown algae started to form on the screen after day 7..

I didn't have the space in the sump to have lighting on the screen for both side... Doing up a D.I.Y reflector using Aluminum foil pasted on a pcs of plastic sheet to help reflect the lighting to the screen as well as prevent water from splashing out into the cabinet..

post-1182-1262327714_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1262327734_thumb.jpg

Didn’t update my tank thread for some time now.. Manage to have some time today to update some of the upgrade i have for my tank ...

After the recent tank crush during my 3 day trip to Malaysia, one of the boxer fish die and i believe when the body inside the water start to decompose it releases the toxin and started to spread like wild fire.. :cry2::cry2:

I loss my precious AT and Golden Angel and some other fishes as well ,and now i took the chance also to rescape my tank.

:o so sad!

Hi Jimmy,

The number of time your chiller kick in will depends on a numbers of factors;

- No. of power head inside your tank water ( Heat being transfer from your power head to your water )

- Types of lighting => i.e MH produce more heat into the water comparing to T5 , PL or LED ,so it will also make the chiller kick in more often.

- Horse power of your chiller .

I think my chiller only kick in once every few hour due to the lighting and equipment i use ,and also i design all my pump to be external so as to reduce heat being transfer into the water .

By the way, i just got my electrical bill for last 2 month and it suprise me that my average total electrical bill for my 4 room flat is only $ 80.00 per month runing with my 6 footer !!! I cant believe it myself either ..

I think with some proper planing and equipment setup, this hobby is not as " electricityl drainer " as what some claim it to be. Maybe if you play computer games eveyday it drain even more electticity in your house lor.. :lol:

This month electricity bill just came.. Bill is $ 170.00 !!! But guess they only do a average only for the previous month and only last month they started to read my meter lor..

• SRC Member
Atam 36W UV which i recently installed.. Runing on 5 hour / 3 day a week..

Wanted to get a better unit, but the price for this is really a good deal i cant resisit.. :eyebrow:

Water is "T-Off" from my chiller pump.

dont mind me asking how come the UV is not running 24hrs?

issit because the UV may"kill all the good bacterias"?

i'm also running UV, but not too sure how long should i turn it on for...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

dont mind me asking how come the UV is not running 24hrs?

issit because the UV may"kill all the good bacterias"?

i'm also running UV, but not too sure how long should i turn it on for...

It is very much up to Individual , i dont run it 24 hour/ 7 day a week mainly to cut down on electrical consumption.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

Photos of my new (Achilles Tang) and most likely the one and only tang i will keep now that i will keep.. :)

Invested two tunze 6100 with mutli controller as well as upgrading my filteration system just to cater to this fellow.. :paiseh:

2 week now and counting ...

post-1182-1263403163_thumb.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Photos of my new (Achilles Tang) and most likely the one and only tang i will keep now that i will keep.. :)

Invested two tunze 6100 with mutli controller as well as upgrading my filteration system just to cater to this fellow.. :paiseh:

About 2 week and counting in my tank now..

more photos.. :)

post-1182-1263402423_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1263402439_thumb.jpg