My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

Haas.. i nvr bluff u right.. they will open up very big. i really cant bear to sell it away. with me for a very long time, and i nurse them from a very bad condition, when i bought it. now, at least i noe that u can provide them with the care which i cant gave, i'm more den happy. :D update me of the sun bro.

cheers,

Lorenzo.

Sure thing Lorenzo. Thanks for sending them to my place. Really appreciate it.

Hope you suns blossom in my tank. Will update their well being here.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hi Jacky, (sry if I may address you as Jacky)

Hows the LED light getting along? Is it good, better than MH?

I'm looking at getting that LED you're using?

Do you think a 160W LED panel would be an overkill for a tank somewhere about your size or slightly bigger?

Sincerely hope you can give me some comments/recommendations?

Could you also pm me where I can buy that LED of yours from?

Thank you.

Hey hi humphead,

1) The LED definitely emits much less heat. The casing for the MH after usage of a few hrs is so hot that I cannot even touch it.

So tank gets heated up less, chiller should have kick in less as well.

2) The LED provides more uniform lighting throughout the tank. The MH is a single point of light source so there are a lot of shadows cast over the tank (depending on rock scaping) The side of the tank is definitely less intense in terms of lighting.

3) The MH definitely has a higher shimmering effect than the LED. Not that the LED doesn't has that though. Just that it is not as intense.

4) If you are just keeping SPS, I would suggest you go for the 160W. If you are going for a combination and minority SPS, then you can get the 110W. I have not seen the 160W though so this is just my best guess. If you check back in about 2 weeks time, I can update this thread how the SPS is doing in my tank. But it may not be accurate cause my tank is only about 1 month old. Hardly an ideal condition for SPS. But lets see how things turn out.

Sorry if I am not providing valuable inputs.

Hopefully in 2 weeks time, I can say if this is a good lightset or not.

rgds

Jacky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Looking for adopters for my ( or can trade me a packet of mysis shrimp)

bi colour blenny (about 2 - 3 inch)

common ocellaris clown (about 1 - 1.5 inch)

maroon clown (about 1 - 1.5 inch)

Want to lessen bio load to let SPS thrive.

Pls SMS me at 91853586

Those who take all 3 will be given priority.

• SRC Member

wahahhahaaha...I can take all 3, no problem... :P

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Bro ure bioload too high?

What to make sure that I can keep the SPS 1st then maybe work backwards and add fish.

Yeah now the bicolour blenny is a poo machine. The entire sandbed all his poos... and I feed him only 5 pellets a day.

Too much algae i guess.

wahahhahaaha...I can take all 3, no problem... :P

Okie. Fishes caught.

You free to get it from me tml?

worried that the beta box might scratch my tank if placed there for too long.

Can come and collect your light too.

btw, bring some saltwater if you can. :P

My tank very limited SW and I lazy to mix.

:( Liverpool is hopeless this year.

• SRC Member
Okie. Fishes caught.

lol... my tank got lotsa fishes lehz... hahhaa.

check with bro Cedric should be ok with keeping SPS.. dun think u should worry

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

lol... my tank got lotsa fishes lehz... hahhaa.

check with bro Cedric should be ok with keeping SPS.. dun think u should worry

A couple of reasons:

1) My tank still very new lah. Water parameters definitely not as stable as those seasoned tanks.

2) With my reduced feeding, the maroon clown is getting more aggressive it seems and especially during feeding time.

So thought I better let them go now in a bigger tank.

3) I wanna add either true percs / clarkii in future.

4) The silly blenny is pooing all over and believe it or not, it is nipping at all my SPS! The frags have been injured by him already :(

I still need an algae eater though so might be getting a small tang. gotta swop these 3 out for a tang.

5) Got a couple of folks actually monitoring if my tank can support SPS. So better let the water be cleaner and see for sure if the LED is good enough for SPS.

why did I get a maroon clown in the 1st place. .... beats me.......

I just cannot resist them when I see one :(

• SRC Member
Okie. Fishes caught.

U want saltwater or u want salt?

tml probably ok lah...afternoon can?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

U want saltwater or u want salt?

tml probably ok lah...afternoon can?

I cannot take out too much saltwater from my tank.

So better you come with some saltwater.

Just give me a call when you come.

If I did not answer means I getting my baby to sleep or feeding my baby.

will call you back 30 mins later.

My wife not feeling well so I doubt we are going out.

• SRC Member
I cannot take out too much saltwater from my tank.

So better you come with some saltwater.

Just give me a call when you come.

If I did not answer means I getting my baby to sleep or feeding my baby.

will call you back 30 mins later.

My wife not feeling well so I doubt we are going out.

Ahhh...understand. Actually I got 3 clowns in my tank now and 1 is a maroon clown... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
A couple of reasons:

1) My tank still very new lah. Water parameters definitely not as stable as those seasoned tanks.

2) With my reduced feeding, the maroon clown is getting more aggressive it seems and especially during feeding time.

So thought I better let them go now in a bigger tank.

3) I wanna add either true percs / clarkii in future.

4) The silly blenny is pooing all over and believe it or not, it is nipping at all my SPS! The frags have been injured by him already :(

I still need an algae eater though so might be getting a small tang. gotta swop these 3 out for a tang.

5) Got a couple of folks actually monitoring if my tank can support SPS. So better let the water be cleaner and see for sure if the LED is good enough for SPS.

why did I get a maroon clown in the 1st place. .... beats me.......

I just cannot resist them when I see one :(

Please dun get a clarkii... they are quite aggressive as well... true percs are one of the nicest clown IMHO...

Do take note also that all tangs are poo machines so be careful yeah?

• SRC Member
Please dun get a clarkii... they are quite aggressive as well... true percs are one of the nicest clown IMHO...

Ya, tangs are poo machines...my blue tang and orange shoulder tangs in my nano tank poo when they eat, poo after they eat and poo even when they are not eating... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Oh Clarkii is aggressive as well? left true percs then. Heard CF has some of them.

contemplating about the tangs.... lazy to put them in and have to catch them out later when they outgrow.

Good thing I did not have to remove my rocks to catch these 3 fellas.

I found this regarding bicolor blenny in Liveaquaria: They normally make a good addition to reef aquariums, but use caution in smaller set ups, or with smaller fleshy corals, as they have been know to pick at the mantles of clams, and at fleshy large polyp stony corals when underfed. In larger reef aquariums they rarely do damage to these corals or clams.

(Always thought they are reef safe but guess they are not)

now my green SPS is half dead.... they polyps were extending in the morning but now ..... some skeletons are showing.

dang.

• SRC Member
Oh Clarkii is aggressive as well? left true percs then. Heard CF has some of them.

contemplating about the tangs.... lazy to put them in and have to catch them out later when they outgrow.

I found this regarding bicolor blenny in Liveaquaria: They normally make a good addition to reef aquariums, but use caution in smaller set ups, or with smaller fleshy corals, as they have been know to pick at the mantles of clams, and at fleshy large polyp stony corals when underfed. In larger reef aquariums they rarely do damage to these corals or clams.

now my green SPS is half dead.... they polyps were extending in the morning but now ..... some skeletons are showing.

dang.

Should recover in a few days.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

dang.

yeah... my first clown is a clarkii... love it alot as it will eat of my fingers... but the amount of fishes it killed... <_<

CF have like a neverending supply of percs.. =] mine is from CF..

my friend use to have a bicolor blenny in his 24G as well... kinda aggressive.. lol.. always bite my friend when he's trying to place his corals.. hahaha

from LCK just keep turning right... you will reach Coral Farm soon..

Lim Chu Kang Lane 6F..

Thanks. Wanna go have a look at their clams.

How's yours doing?

• SRC Member

true percs also aggressive. In fact, these aggressive fishes will display their true colours once they get settled in and regard your entire tank as their territory (coz small).

Tangs... not only poop machines, but outgrow your tank quite quickly. And some are notorious in nipping corals too. If I were you I wouldn't get them too.

Get clown gobies la! small and cute and low bioload.

true percs also aggressive. In fact, these aggressive fishes will display their true colours once they get settled in and regard your entire tank as their territory (coz small).

Tangs... not only poop machines, but outgrow your tank quite quickly. And some are notorious in nipping corals too. If I were you I wouldn't get them too.

Get clown gobies la! small and cute and low bioload.

do agree clown goby looks great but to get it feed also another thing cause i try 2 times and fail any trick hee hee