My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

Gonna get some henrys' gourmet and feed my suns today.

exciting.

Anyone knows if ML opens today on Monday?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

exciting.

Opens at 4pm if I remember correctly.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
agree. Henry's is just too nutritional to flood. Besides the possibility of your suns getting them is lower with flooding.

Actually my suns are all in my sump so i just need to feed them using a tablespoon...drop the mixture on them and they will get it... :eyebrow: Will monitor my nitrates to see how it goes.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

exciting.

If you want to try Henry's, I can pass you some... :eyebrow: But u must bring a small container lor.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I am thinking of feeding variety of food.

Of rotate between market prawn, mysis, silverfish, henry's gourmet, etc.

Any comments on doing this?

Ask me to eat chicken rice everyday, I also will puke. :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Ask me to eat chicken rice everyday, I also will puke. :P

haha you can if you want to, but don't think there are any benefits to it. I think I will feed mysis and give silverfish once in a while to keep them happy.

btw don't buy mysis. I have alot. Can give to you.

I have been pmed on the feedpack for Reefpack 200.

Putting them here in case there are others who are interested.

I am going to put them in point form as I do have a whole lot of time to construct my thoughts.

Feedback on Reefpack200

- Slim, clean and neat design. These 2 modules (cleaner & skimmer) takes up very little space if you position it the sameway as I do.

- Hardly visible against a black background

- I can direct the cleaner output directly to the chiller reducing the need for an additional pump. (Side note: I am exploring if I can tee off the chiller output and run another route to my FR.

- The skimmer Tunze 9002 is probably among the top in the capacity of this class.

- like the magnetic holder

- Large skimmer collection cup - eyesore as commented by many who saw my tank

- the casing, cover are made of "cheap" plastics and seem pretty to break.

- high wattage. Think it is around 19W for both skimmer and cleaner

- very very sensitive to water level. Note, you really need an ATO for this thing to function properly. Either that or you can be like me to topup water religiously in the morning and evening.

- The cleaner pack media compartment is rather small. The water flowing from surface into the cleaner also does not seem to be at a fast enough rate. If given a choice, I might swop the cleaner out for a canister filter and run the medias in the canister instead. You can have a higher flow rate and place more medias. Just have a ehiem overflow apparatus in the tank ==> saves more space.

- the other dislike about the cleaner is that you would probably need to iy a drip place in the cleaner. The water flowing from the surface of the water into your cleaner does "rush" in. It simply flows in gently meaning the water is not likely going to get into contact with much of the media surface area inside who kindda defeat the purpose of the presence of the medias.

I am going to insert in a drip plate hoping to improve this situation.

- DO note that once if your water level is too high, the surface skimming will not work for the cleaner as the pump also suck in water from the gaps in the bottom. SO you will basically be just sucking water from the bottom of the tank to the chiller. No cleaning activities really occurs.

- Lots of microbubbles from the Tunze 9002. Lots of bros here use 9002 in their IOS and they do not see this prob. I have manage to reduce the bubbles output bystuffing a cotton filter in the skimmer.

Summary:

If you do not undestand the above, please feel free to drop me a PM and I can try to explain better prob in phone.

OR you can read this :P hehe

In conclusion, I think the Tunze 9002 skimmer is worth getting if you can get over the ugly and bulky collection cup.

It foams easily and the is easy to adjust & clean. there might be some micro bubbles though especially if you are not using it in an IOS. Not a big issue though as you can always minimise these bubbles by stuffing a cotton filter. The skimmer is not silent, you do hear hissing sound from the bubbling activities.

The cleaner module is something I think that you should pass. Getting an external canister filter probably serves you better.

cheers!

can always get a nicer Stevie T skimmer cup.. =]

i was intending to do that but have seen gotten used to the collection cup.

So will let it be for the time being.

• SRC Member
I have been pmed on the feedpack for Reefpack 200.

Putting them here in case there are others who are interested.

I am going to put them in point form as I do have a whole lot of time to construct my thoughts.

Summary:

If you do not undestand the above, please feel free to drop me a PM and I can try to explain better prob in phone.

OR you can read this :P hehe

In conclusion, I think the Tunze 9002 skimmer is worth getting if you can get over the ugly and bulky collection cup.

It foams easily and the is easy to adjust & clean. there might be some micro bubbles though especially if you are not using it in an IOS. Not a big issue though as you can always minimise these bubbles by stuffing a cotton filter. The skimmer is not silent, you do hear hissing sound from the bubbling activities.

The cleaner module is something I think that you should pass. Getting an external canister filter probably serves you better.

cheers!

helps :eyebrow: thanks thanks

25 Gal Micro Ocean

haha you can if you want to, but don't think there are any benefits to it. I think I will feed mysis and give silverfish once in a while to keep them happy.

btw don't buy mysis. I have alot. Can give to you.

Okie dokie. Thanks in advance.

See when we can meet up with Ray and the rest :)

• SRC Member
Okie dokie. Thanks in advance.

See when we can meet up with Ray and the rest :)

I will be available only on the weekend of 12 dec..

Will be overseas over the other weekends and having exams on the 4th.. haha.. =P

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

I will be available only on the weekend of 12 dec..

Will be overseas over the other weekends and having exams on the 4th.. haha.. =P

okie. maybe lets target 13th Dec.

Comy, remember to apply for leave from your gf :)

Open to anyone interested. Maybe let's head for brunch 1st then hit the LFS.

• SRC Member
okie. maybe lets target 13th Dec.

Comy, remember to apply for leave from your gf :)

Open to anyone interested. Maybe let's head for brunch 1st then hit the LFS.

lol should be free la...

Actually last week of Dec can everyday go LFS also can... hahaa I cleared all my leave for a 10 day break from work.

lol should be free la...

Actually last week of Dec can everyday go LFS also can... hahaa I cleared all my leave for a 10 day break from work.

haiz, my plant shutdown is one week before that.

==> 21 - 25 Dec.

i also need to apply leave.. hahah

me too. I lagi jialat... have to apply leave from 3 towkays.

anyone else wanna join?

dun forget me hor :D....juz nice i ord haha can chiong lfs wif u all hurhur

ORD.. haha grats! Sure thing.

Listed the names here.

13th Dec Gathering. Venue to be confirmed.

Meeting at about 10 am

- Comycus

- Raydiative

- Qiang

- Jacky

• SRC Member

bro paiseh silver fish can be found at sheng shiong or NTUC? I just sneaked out of office to look for it in Cold Storage they don't have... :eyeblur:

Thinking of dropping by Bukit Panjang later to buy if they have. Anyone else care to direct me to the correct supermarket, and if possible correct section/alley in the supermarket to buy them? I dun really frequent supermarkets tt often and I bet the cold storage outside my house doesn't have them too...

bro paiseh silver fish can be found at sheng shiong or NTUC? I just sneaked out of office to look for it in Cold Storage they don't have... :eyeblur:

Thinking of dropping by Bukit Panjang later to buy if they have. Anyone else care to direct me to the correct supermarket, and if possible correct section/alley in the supermarket to buy them? I dun really frequent supermarkets tt often and I bet the cold storage outside my house doesn't have them too...

NTUC frozen meat section should have. Think I have seen it there before.