Kikobananas Marine Tank

pokmingsheng

• SRC Member

Hi bro, maybe can try put the artifical rock one behind to the right and the other one infront to the left, this way it will create depth in your tank. :idea:

i'm trying to picture what you're trying to say right now..

but its rather late, and i cant seem to get anything... hahhaa..

anyway, thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it out this weekend..

the artificial rock that i got looks rather big (although i chose the smallest 2),

i'll try to figure something out..

my 2ft cube is getting abit too cramp....

**wait.. if u say put an artificial rock infront to the left, wouldnt it block my current "tower" of LR on the left?

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

i'm trying to picture what you're trying to say right now..

but its rather late, and i cant seem to get anything... hahhaa..

anyway, thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it out this weekend..

the artificial rock that i got looks rather big (although i chose the smallest 2),

i'll try to figure something out..

my 2ft cube is getting abit too cramp....

**wait.. if u say put an artificial rock infront to the left, wouldnt it block my current "tower" of LR on the left?

Hmm actually i am suggesting taking out all the rock and only use the 2 piece of artifical rock. Then your tank will look more spacious. After u place the 2 artifical rock in, see whether natural or not, if not can add in the rest of the live rock to enhance the scape of the rock. =) U can try out the scape outside first, after u happy le, then put inside the tank. =)Hope u can figure out what i am keeping to say. =p

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Oh ya, Happy Birthday. :groupwavereversed:

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

Hmm actually i am suggesting taking out all the rock and only use the 2 piece of artifical rock. Then your tank will look more spacious. After u place the 2 artifical rock in, see whether natural or not, if not can add in the rest of the live rock to enhance the scape of the rock. =) U can try out the scape outside first, after u happy le, then put inside the tank. =)Hope u can figure out what i am keeping to say. =p

I second that suggestion... cause your current FTS (both left and right side)... thumbdown.gif

lol...... sooner or later you will still need to rescape... but as well do it now....

you have pics of your artificial rocks?

BTW your sump has biohomme or LR right?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

yes yes.. i got what you mean... thought about that before, but my only concern is that 100% artificial rock may suddenly cause my tank parameters to go haywire...

I second that suggestion... cause your current FTS (both left and right side)... thumbdown.gif

lol...... sooner or later you will still need to rescape... but as well do it now....

you have pics of your artificial rocks?

BTW your sump has biohomme or LR right?

yupp.. my sump only has biohomme..

can the good bacteria stay in artificial rocks?

Carpe Diem~!!!

yes yes.. i got what you mean... thought about that before, but my only concern is that 100% artificial rock may suddenly cause my tank parameters to go haywire...

yupp.. my sump only has biohomme..

can the good bacteria stay in artificial rocks?

Bacteria cannot colonize on the artificial rocks as they are hollow, not porus.

hollow meaning water will fill up the artificial rocks. This water in the rocks gets really stale after a couple of months as they do not get circulated.

But as long as you place these fake rocks in the tank and do not move them, the water in these fake rocks will not leak into main tank and everything should be fine.

FOr a start, you can move some LR into the sump. then put artificial rock inside.

after a while, remove the other pile and place the other artificial rock.

if want to be kiasu, you can leave the LR inside the MT too and take out 2 pieces every alternate days.

just bear with the unsightfulness for a few weeks.

If biohomme is suppose to do as claimed, you should be ok.

==================================

might be going LFS on Friday... wanna join us and hunt for nice LR?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

The artificial LR sold by GO always claim to have the same function as LR, including bacteria colonisation. Not too sure about it, but I believe having biohome as a buffer would be a safe bet.

they are porous and not hollow??

Kiko, break one and see leh..... stuart.gif

• SRC Member

The artificial LR sold by GO always claim to have the same function as LR, including bacteria colonisation. Not too sure about it, but I believe having biohome as a buffer would be a safe bet.

It is not impossible. Example, if they use the same material as bio-rings.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

It is not impossible. Example, if they use the same material as bio-rings.

Kiko, you go and confirm with Shan.... if it is true, then really can move your rocks to the sump and just scape using those fake rocks.

• SRC Member

thank guys for the advice...

shall take picture of the artificial rock either tonight or tomorrow..

and.... i'll break a small part to see.. haha...

dont think i wanna spend anymore money on LR,

will try to make do with whatever i have here..

currently all of them are cable-tied together.. :paiseh:

trying to use corals to cover up all the unsightly cable ties... haha...

Carpe Diem~!!!

Bro if there r biohome in your sump it should be ok to remove all the rock and put in the 2 artificial rock. Just remember to add bac for the first week should be ok liao. Last time me also transfer fishes and rock from my 4ft to 5ft within 1/2 a day, using only 20% live rock, 80% dead rock and 4 kg of biohome follow by adding bac every 2 day. So far so good. no fishes was killed. Most of the bac should be on the biohome so if u never touch it, should be ok. =)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

thank guys for the advice...

shall take picture of the artificial rock either tonight or tomorrow..

and.... i'll break a small part to see.. haha...

dont think i wanna spend anymore money on LR,

will try to make do with whatever i have here..

currently all of them are cable-tied together.. :paiseh:

trying to use corals to cover up all the unsightly cable ties... haha...

I have quite a fair bit of excess live rock if you need. Pretty small though.

Just grab and go.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

might be going LFS on Friday... wanna join us and hunt for nice LR?

you guys going to the East for LFS shopping?

i can only decide that day.. hahaha...

if its the East i'll let you know if i'm there..

what time?

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

Bro if there r biohome in your sump it should be ok to remove all the rock and put in the 2 artificial rock. Just remember to add bac for the first week should be ok liao. Last time me also transfer fishes and rock from my 4ft to 5ft within 1/2 a day, using only 20% live rock, 80% dead rock and 4 kg of biohome follow by adding bac every 2 day. So far so good. no fishes was killed. Most of the bac should be on the biohome so if u never touch it, should be ok. =)

dose bac every 2 days for how long?

just to be sure..

wont overdose?

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

I have quite a fair bit of excess live rock if you need. Pretty small though.

Just grab and go.

thanks for the kind offer bro..

i'll look for you if i need more..

but i should be able to make do with what i have..

:ThanxSmiley:

Carpe Diem~!!!

dose bac every 2 days for how long?

just to be sure..

wont overdose?

hmm follow the instruction on the bottle lor, normally it will state first week dose how much, 2nd week how much and etc. Different brand different dosage. To play safe u will need use test kit to check your water condition. Hee me go by feeling one, no test kit as long as u dun add anymore livestock in, the system should be able to hold and balance itself. After 1 mth then u can slowly add in new coral and new fishes. This is what i do, after i transfer all my fishes over, let the tank stable for a mth then buy buy buy. lol. :P

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

you guys going to the East for LFS shopping?

i can only decide that day.. hahaha...

if its the East i'll let you know if i'm there..

what time?

we chiong east then go west.. haha.....

should be there around 11am

thanks for the kind offer bro..

i'll look for you if i need more..

but i should be able to make do with what i have..

:ThanxSmiley:

did you manage to get your prodibio?

• SRC Member

hmm follow the instruction on the bottle lor, normally it will state first week dose how much, 2nd week how much and etc. Different brand different dosage. To play safe u will need use test kit to check your water condition. Hee me go by feeling one, no test kit as long as u dun add anymore livestock in, the system should be able to hold and balance itself. After 1 mth then u can slowly add in new coral and new fishes. This is what i do, after i transfer all my fishes over, let the tank stable for a mth then buy buy buy. lol. :P

but i'm using bioclean.. average dose stated biodigest and biotim once every alternate week... and not to overdose.. hmmm..

did you manage to get your prodibio?

yea.. got it from Petmart

Carpe Diem~!!!

but i'm using bioclean.. average dose stated biodigest and biotim once every alternate week... and not to overdose.. hmmm..

yea.. got it from Petmart

Hmmm then u follow the dosage lor, should be ok one. I am using other brand maybe more diluted so need to add every few day. =)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

prodibio digest - just dump 1 vial every 2 weeks. :)