Purple Tang vs Yellow Tang

Hi,

Wondering whether yellow tang and purple tang can be kept together in the same tank? saw ppl having both at their tanks....any way/tricks to prevent fights between the 2 fishes?

having a yellow tang at my tank and intend to add one more purple tang...need advice pls... :thanks:

• Senior Reefer

size of tank? have to tell u my yellow tang u got from me is very fierce. and the purple u intend to get from hellbliss is even more fierce. betta box the purple. try to trap the YT if u can. introduce both of them simultaneously at night. if u cant catch the YT, leave the PT in the betta box for 1-2 weeks. then release at night. Put a mirror outside the tank glass to divert attention

no 100% guarantee to reduce aggression. zebrasomas are usually intolerant towards conspecifics. be careful of their tail blade.

size of tank? have to tell u my yellow tang u got from me is very fierce. and the purple u intend to get from hellbliss is even more fierce. betta box the purple. try to trap the YT if u can. introduce both of them simultaneously at night. if u cant catch the YT, leave the PT in the betta box for 1-2 weeks. then release at night. Put a mirror outside the tank glass to divert attention

no 100% guarantee to reduce aggression. zebrasomas are usually intolerant towards conspecifics. be careful of their tail blade.

mine is 3x2x2 tank....eh how come u know tat i m getting the PT from hellbliss? yup you are right....hee :rolleyes:

u r saying trap the YT and put both PT and YT at separate betta box? then release at night? with light on or off?

but leaving PT in betta box for 1-2 weeks, will it stress the PT?

bro, to let you have some confidence.

have attached 2 x YT and 2 x PT photo of my tank.

post-15831-1255012934_thumb.jpg

post-15831-1255012941_thumb.jpg

it can be done which alot of bros have done it.

JIAYOU!

wow!...thanks bro for the photos!...you have lot of tangs!....building tang kindom? hee..

• SRC Member

i got 6 x YT and 3 x PT, + many more tangs, during migration, skimmer overflow and family members off it, now left 2 x YT and 2 x PT. 21 of my fishes die :'( , nearly want to give up however got new tank, so come back again.

the numbers of tangs i have explain the above 100nitrate using salifert test kit as i am not using any denitrator :x because they are poo poo machines

so no corals / shrimps for me :(

Update: both YT and PT looking fine at the moment...no fight since last saturday...

Heed lemon's advice to catch up YT and release together with YT...the different is i release them in the afternoon as the YT looked stress being kept in the betta box...so far so good...

Thank all bros for all the advice!!

• Senior Reefer
Update: both YT and PT looking fine at the moment...no fight since last saturday...

Heed lemon's advice to catch up YT and release together with YT...the different is i release them in the afternoon as the YT looked stress being kept in the betta box...so far so good...

Thank all bros for all the advice!!

whatever floats your boat bro :) as long as they are fine, anyway is good.