diet for anemone

poomoon

• SRC Member

hi, to the anemone guru's, what's the best diet for anemones ? got an anemone now, feeding on dried krill, not sure if he likes it still ... any other recommended delicacies ? here's a pic (not so good pic i guess) of my bubble tip :thanks:

post-17191-1255664441_thumb.jpg

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
thanks bro ... fresh ones ?

I just feed mine with Henry's Reef Gourmet... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

haha, henry's again ... i should sometime sked a trip there. anyway, i'll try to get a better pic, seeing em actual (was on the run earlier moving to another LR), doesn't seem to be bleached, but then again, i'm not an expert, or even near being one, so i would really need inputs. :thanks:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

I just blast the anamone tentacles with HRG. As long as 1 pc stick on the tentacles it will feed itself. But my maroon clown will sometimes snatch the food from the anamone...

Right now I also have a problem with my BTA. It is opening when the lights are out and closing when the lights are on... :blink:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
I just blast the anamone tentacles with HRG. As long as 1 pc stick on the tentacles it will feed itself. But my maroon clown will sometimes snatch the food from the anamone...

Right now I also have a problem with my BTA. It is opening when the lights are out and closing when the lights are on... :blink:

oh ok that's interesting, maybe i can try that :rolleyes:

btw, how much lighting does the BTA require ? i mean have to keep lights open all the time ? especially in the evening ... :thanks:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

hi, to the anemone guru's, what's the best diet for anemones ? got an anemone now, feeding on dried krill, not sure if he likes it still ... any other recommended delicacies ? here's a pic (not so good pic i guess) of my bubble tip :thanks:

I just put some mysis, or chopped fresh prawns into my anemone and it's all eaten

• SRC Member
btw, how much lighting does the BTA require ? i mean have to keep lights open all the time ? especially in the evening ... :thanks:

Don't have to keep your lights on all the time. Lighting period I guess should be as close to what they get in their natural habitat, same goes for all corals in general I guess. The type and intensity of lights you use is also another factor, I mean you could be using 2 tubes of PL lights or 250 watt MH, then lighting period will vary as well. I think a set of decent T5HO will be sufficient for the anemone.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

my anemones ( rbta , gbta , purple lta , purple gigantea , blue gigantea , green gigantea , green haddoni ) all gets selcon-soaked white bait fish at least once a week

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :