strange disease

• SRC Member

based on all the bros experience and comments seems like its environmental cause.

i'm thinking of raising the PH and saltinity together slowly. what you guys think?

btw, bro law i soak the feeds with selcon and vit c before feeding the fish.

• SRC Member

good.

no matter what, do it with extreme caution and patience.

ick might strikes back if you raise salinity too quickly and not patience enough. and this time, it will caught ur fish off guard.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Raising pH first would be less stressful. If you raise both salinity and pH at the same time the fishes will have to cope with 2 changing parameters.

bro fuel. agree. the issue is if i raise my PH but saltinity is still low the PH will be low too. rite? how to counter that?

• SRC Member

use complete buffer might be a better solution to overcome that.

to be honest, i wont be bothered too much if salinity is low. i will just buffer it with caution. it is able to bring it up to 8.3.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

In my opinion, the reason why altering salinity works in controlling parasites, protozoans and even inverts is due to their inability to quickly adapt to changes to the salinity compared to higher form of life such as fishes. In fact, if we are to alter the salinity to drastically we will find that some fishes may not be able to adapt as well.

That's why I believe hypo treatment should be done in a way that fishes survives and protozoans cannot survive and once all visible symptoms in the fishes disappear, we should return the fishes to its natural environment.

Prolonged hypo-salinity will also lead to a cultivation of disease/ protozoans / parasites that may be dormant in a saline environment to thrive therefore creating a new problem that our fishes may not be able to handle. I am not a proponent of marine fishes kept long term in hypo-saline environment as I find thousands of years of evolution cannot be altered by us without any consequences.

I agree with bro Law and FuEl in that you should start by raising your pH and than slowing increase your salinity. (btw, I find buffering during hypo treatment is crucial for success as well).

Besides the above, do check on your ANN.

HTH ;)

bro goudian / fuel

very cheem for me.... i'm doing hypo for 10 weeks and starting to raise my salinity this week what what i do? i'm running the below

1. aquamedic nitrate reducer (denni balls)

2. po4FR

3. carbon

4. skimmer

what should i do next? can i continue run the nitrate reducer instead of off as bro fuel said and slowly raise the salinity? so in time the parimeter will return to normal? PH is low due to hypo condition. ...

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381