Help. hog fish in my tank !

slls

I have unintentionally introduced 2 x hogfishs about 1 inch into my tank. understand that these are not reef compatible. appreciate some advises if these will really mess up my previous corals. tks tks

one is red diana hog fish and the other should be spanish hog fish. I have 3 shrimps about the size of the hog fish. the hog fish seems to be circling round my corals and so far I saw them pecking the live rocks/..sob

one is red diana hog fish and the other should be spanish hog fish. I have 3 shrimps about the size of the hog fish. the hog fish seems to be circling round my corals and so far I saw them pecking the live rocks/..sob

did some research too. hope that they would eat up the shrimps since the hog fishes are slightly smaller...hee

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
so how does posting this sort of spam benefit them?

yea I am really curious also :rolleyes:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

they wont eat your corals. but beware of inverts. they like them. like them in their tummy :)

i have a large one in mine, aboy 2 inches, been with me for 4 years. no issue with eating corals or inverts, but i intorduced an expensive lah Harlequin Task Fish, prabably easily twice the size, and the hog fish kicked its butt. Basically worried it and hassled it to death. sad.. poor toothy