Zorden Shallow tank

zorden

i have to plan it carefully...

really cannot afford FLOODING...

btw is EOS very risky? never try EOS b4. i still find rearing fighting fish safe :lol:

why risky? all tanks are risky if there are not properly made.

As long as the overflow & piping made properly by an experience tank maker. no matter what happens, pump failure/ electrical failure, it will not cause flooding.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i remembered that Ed got problem getting his deltec into the cabinet.

Yup and nothing a good bottle or two of wine can't resolved :eyebrow:

My mistake was simply thinking that there is enough head room inside the cabinet to fit my skimmer but you got to ensure that the body/ cup can fit into the gap between the edge of your sump tank and door frame of your cabinet.

with the number of tunzes i assume u will be going sps, with such a height u better haf bracing or u will haf sticky floors 4ever due to ur tunzes cant blow downwards and once blow upwards the top is rough and u get salt sprays.

why dont get ghl dosing pump,the 1 like grotec, no need the ghl computer to control it.

u shld be using it to maintain ur sps calcium and mg all tat right? the pump is critical,if down u will ha hell lotsa problem. likewise for the supplements, do keep them in stock to last at least 1mth incase any shortage of stock.

With the tunze located lower of the bottom of the tank pointing upwards, you won't get water over the edge. A little salt creep is expected for all rimless IMO

Agree on doing a dosing pump for your params as life is so much easier IME. You got a choice of Grotech (which I've used before in the past) or the new stand-alone GHL Profilux. I think ReefDepot carry GHL and Aquamarine carry Grotech so you can compare prices...both works the same

• SRC Member

Hi Ed, is the 89cm tall cabinet provide sufficient room for me to place my skimmer which Height: 29.13inch and allow me to empty the cup without much difficulty.

Any one can advice this?

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
I think he stated that his skimmer will be outside the sump (meaning outside the cabinet??) <_<

well i hpe that my skimmer will be in the cabinet. its will look neat...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Hi Ed, is the 89cm tall cabinet provide sufficient room for me to place my skimmer which Height: 29.13inch and allow me to empty the cup without much difficulty.

Any one can advice this?

Total cabinet height might be 29.13" but do take into consideration the thickness of the base and bottom support (which will reduce the total height inside the cabinet) and also the door frame of your cabinet?

Also how tall is your sump gonna be as once the sump tank is inside the cabinet, the only space you got left is the edge of the sump to the edge of the door frame and you must ensure this is able to fit through your skimmer.

Hope you understand what I mean... :whistle

• SRC Member
I think he stated that his skimmer will be outside the sump (meaning outside the cabinet??) <_<

Outside sump, but still inside cabinet maybe? If Zorden wants to keep a braceless tank for aesthetic reasons, prob would wanna hide a skimmer away from sight too.

• SRC Member
Outside sump, but still inside cabinet maybe? If Zorden wants to keep a braceless tank for aesthetic reasons, prob would wanna hide a skimmer away from sight too.

He manage to guess it rite..

i still hate your avatar after looking at it... its too eye catching. :wacko:

• SRC Member
He manage to guess it rite..

i still hate your avatar after looking at it... its too eye catching. :wacko:

:paiseh: don't look at it then!

btw, the good thing about Ah Soon (Yonghua) is he will accomodate to your requests. It is a custom built setup afterall! I required some modifications to my hood for my HOB MCE600, and he measured the skimmer, drew a sketch with measurements and all within minutes to confirm an appropriate design.

You can request the same when you meet him. He can also advice you on the design. Afterall, he will know his limitations and if he can or cannot do something, will be v. upfront about it.

well i hpe that my skimmer will be in the cabinet. its will look neat...

As mention, please make sure space left between your edge of your sump tank and your door frame can fit your overall skimmer body

This picture explains what I mean much better...

SumpTankArrived15.jpg

Also you need to take into account the space allowed for your plumbing...

Plumbing19.jpg

Best is to used all the exact dimension and do a google sketch-up to see how everything will look. Are you doing any CL or simply return and Tunze streams?

• SRC Member
As mention, please make sure space left between your edge of your sump tank and your door frame can fit your overall skimmer body

This picture explains what I mean much better...

SumpTankArrived15.jpg

Also you need to take into account the space allowed for your plumbing...

Plumbing19.jpg

Best is to used all the exact dimension and do a google sketch-up to see how everything will look. Are you doing any CL or simply return and Tunze streams?

thanks for the picture ED. i will do a tunze. no closed loop for me as i am afraid of the Piping giving way... and hell will break lose..

maybe my sump will be smaller and give me room to position the skimmer in the cabinet (under the tank ofcz) and beside the sump

What sort of system are you planning to run as you don't wanna too small a sump tank that cannot hold your water during a power failure?? Not sure how often you guys get that in Singapore but better safe than sorry...

A wide tank like ours will drain more water as the surface is wider versus those traditional long/ narrow tank

• SRC Member

Well i am more concern about the Cabinet then the tank. the tank will be simply a glass rectangle where as the cabinet will provide me amble space for my equipment.

• SRC Member
What sort of system are you planning to run as you don't wanna too small a sump tank that cannot hold your water during a power failure?? Not sure how often you guys get that in Singapore but better safe than sorry...

A wide tank like ours will drain more water as the surface is wider versus those traditional long/ narrow tank

Yes i wont compromise on that either. i will make sure i have suffice area to hold the h20 in the event of power failure.

• SRC Member

Thanks Ed.

Btw i got quotation for my tank (EOS) - 3 sides ultra clear glass (aka known as crystal, low iron) that what i was told for 500+.

sump is 170+

Cabinet expected to be 700+ well still need to check with carpenter further details.

Things look good... :)