trading middle office of a private bank

junyong84

• SRC Member
To all bros & siss working in banks,

Do you have any idea what does the job scope entail for someone in the trading middle office of a private bank? I got an upcoming interview so I need to find out to appear more smart.

thanks alot!

as a middle office you support the front desk (traders) by assisting with stuff such as trade capture, revaluation of pricing, reconciliation etc...

you will also be required to be the contact point between front and back office..

good role that you've got there..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
as a middle office you support the front desk (traders) by assisting with stuff such as trade capture, revaluation of pricing, reconciliation etc...

you will also be required to be the contact point between front and back office..

good role that you've got there..

do find out more on what are they trading in.. if not sure can always look up on investopedia.com

• SRC Member
No job scope given when you applied for the job?

If it's agency just relax...

Otherwise it's more impt to research on the company than know the job scope... As someone new, will be forgiven if you dunno the job scope

I was actually approached by a former colleague. That's the reason why I don't really know anything.

I hope it's not going to be a operations job where I have to do data entry & forms processing.

Any idea?

I was actually approached by a former colleague. That's the reason why I don't really know anything.

I hope it's not going to be a operations job where I have to do data entry & forms processing.

Any idea?

lol better to find out from your ex-colleague :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Any idea?

nope.... MO is not suppose to be part of OPS.. normally the cost center is tagged to the front..

• SRC Member
I got an upcoming interview so I need to find out to appear more smart.

Haha, bro I hope your username is not your real name! Most of the time, we Google snoop candidates before interviewing them at my workplace. But then, your last line above is quite funny, I would recommend you based on good humour alone hahaha :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Haha, bro I hope your username is not your real name! Most of the time, we Google snoop candidates before interviewing them at my workplace. But then, your last line above is quite funny, I would recommend you based on good humour alone hahaha :P

lol i also google . friendster and facebook my interviewees , lol you be surprise at what you sometimes can find

of course those surprises will not even grant them the interviews

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator