My First Marine Tank

[d]3v|L

• SRC Member

devil,

3 weeks is indeed a short time to start adding livestock.. and lets not forget the growth potential of the fishes.. recommendation in this scenerio would be to pass it to reefers till your tank can take it.. or give them away..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

devil,

I made the same mistake like you when I started my 2ft more than 2 years ago. Took only three weeks and killed all except one clown in my started-up of about 8 fish. I learn it the hard way then...without advice. Now my 4X2X2 took about 1 yr to reach the stable state.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
devil,

I made the same mistake like you when I started my 2ft more than 2 years ago. Took only three weeks and killed all except one clown in my started-up of about 8 fish. I learn it the hard way then...without advice. Now my 4X2X2 took about 1 yr to reach the stable state.

wow. how long do you think it will take for a 2ft tank to stabilise? my ammonia, nitrites and nitrate are 0 after 3 weeks of cycling...

• SRC Member

by right should be 3rd week, after u seen the peaks in ammonia,nirite then nitrates then a 10% water change & ready to start stock slowly- with a time gap in-between new introductions to allow the filtration bacteria to compensate for the bioload. A few days to a week is enough.

by left- play it by eye. depends on how well tank has established,amount of LR, how good filtration is,water parameters stable, if old water was used.

the trick is to stock slowly.To play really safe,for a 2ft bioload can start with one small fish to keep 'N' cycle going.