red slime type algea

• SRC Supporter
been following this thread cause im having the same problem..

so the solutions are zeozym and wavemaker? any other solutions? will phosp remover help?

yes it will help,

for po4 to be in check,

good circulation in tank reduce deadspot is impt. so no wasted uneaten food will rot there.

low feeding,do not flood tank and feed many meals of frozen food daily.(mysis and brineshrimp after washing still contain water rich in po4 in them,squeeze water out of them to avoid po4 going into ur tank.)(including coral food)

slow stocking to avoid build up in bad parameters that result in algae and po4 build up.

run a po4 removal in small amt and change them regularly like 2wks to 1mth depending on stocking

correct way to check if using po4 removal media with FR, - test the water coming out from the fr. test the po4 if its 0. if yes.. run it the flowrate and once po4 detected after weeks, change the media.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
AMAZING result after two days after 2 dose the algea START TO DISSAPPEAR great product

Great to hear tt bro! Glad it worked for you. :)

been following this thread cause im having the same problem..

so the solutions are zeozym and wavemaker? any other solutions? will phosp remover help?

I think must also stress that good water quality is a key factor to inhibiting algae growth. If tank has got high nitrates and phosphates, should solve tt first. It will be extremely cost ineffective to be dosing zeozym for the long term and not solving the inherent problems, which might lead to complications in future.

• SRC Supporter
Great to hear tt bro! Glad it worked for you. :)

I think must also stress that good water quality is a key factor to inhibiting algae growth. If tank has got high nitrates and phosphates, should solve tt first. It will be extremely cost ineffective to be dosing zeozym for the long term and not solving the inherent problems, which might lead to complications in future.

well said

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
guess it's time for me to get a wavemaker.. any recommendations for my 2ft tank? anyone selling a used one?

i added phosp remover but didnt help much.. guess i'll have to try a diff brand..

a tunze nano seem to fit the bills. try rowa, they are known to have the best absorption from some where i read.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

guess it's time for me to get a wavemaker.. any recommendations for my 2ft tank? anyone selling a used one?

i added phosp remover but didnt help much.. guess i'll have to try a diff brand..

u can try deltec phosp absorber from AM cheap also at 75

• SRC Supporter

tunzes are known to be lasting,its cheaper for u to get 2 tunze then replacing other pumps afew times.

can try the new deltec po4 removal too. rowa use to work with deltec..and since they din work together already, deltec came out with their own po4 removal.

we all know deltec are good in equipments. are they good in medias? lets watch :D

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed