Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh, 'pinky' will surely blush coz of ya bros compliments about it. Haha. Fell in love since I saw a big one in reborn the day before I bought this fella. Surprised that I manage to find it. It was hidden somemore under some large rocks in a tank. Had to turn it over then see it. Hope it will stick with me long long and grow big big one day too =) actualli didn't like the green zoas rock it was on but now I find the green zoas quite nice.had to pay another small price for them as they came on the same rock but alright la. Can compliment pinky nicely too ;p

Anyway I'm using a canon G9 for my pics, somehow couldn't get the white balance to the hue I see with my eyes any advise on how to get the correct white balance?

Like alot how my tank looks now so guess won't make anymore further adjustments anymore. Now just gonna fill it up with some zoas and rics will be the finishing touches =)

Oh ya actualli I added 1 more yellow and blue neon gobies in too. And oso a nice anemone shrimp which now sticks ard pinky too but these fellas too tiny for me to take their pics, shall try to take pics of them and post here when I can.

Also will be considering to sell off my suns and get a smaller supersuns too. Actualli I bought a Tiny super sun rock that day but in the end I went back to exchange for my 2 neon gobies, haha think the china gal

stunned when I went back to change hehe. Heng she nice enuf to let me change then I js top up a few bucks. But then again got sedimental value for my suns coz I been target feeding them for awhile Liao..always happy to see them kapo the brin shrimps i feed them heh :)

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Heh, 'pinky' will surely blush coz of ya bros compliments about it. Haha. Fell in love since I saw a big one in reborn the day before I bought this fella. Surprised that I manage to find it. It was hidden somemore under some large rocks in a tank. Had to turn it over then see it. Hope it will stick with me long long and grow big big one day too =) actualli didn't like the green zoas rock it was on but now I find the green zoas quite nice.had to pay another small price for them as they came on the same rock but alright la. Can compliment pinky nicely too ;p

Anyway I'm using a canon G9 for my pics, somehow couldn't get the white balance to the hue I see with my eyes any advise on how to get the correct white balance?

Like alot how my tank looks now so guess won't make anymore further adjustments anymore. Now just gonna fill it up with some zoas and rics will be the finishing touches =)

So fast finish stocking already??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

this tank looks great!! The blue casting is perfect for my taste and that ducted fan setup is pretty neat, looks like a turbo charger for your corals!

well done, oustanding design and coral color/vitality

B

Thanks for yr praises bro ^_^ always happy to hear compliments from fellow reefers..hehe.

Aiya guys to say the truth i wish i can upgrade too,but room beri squeezy liao sia!haha..i'm just so glad i manage to bring my tank to the current state now.nv thought i can slowly build up my tank successfully,

this i gonna thank to all the bros here for guiding me so much :paiseh: U all gave me alots of gd advise and help along the way. :thanks:

Maybe can physco my gf to have one inside her room?lolz..her room super empty not like mind which is full of gagets.. :whistle But of course she needs to be willngly to do the weekly maintainence 1st la..rofl

upgrade upgrade... 1 day la ... 1 day... :angel:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Thanks for yr praises bro ^_^ always happy to hear compliments from fellow reefers..hehe.

Aiya guys to say the truth i wish i can upgrade too,but room beri squeezy liao sia!haha..i'm just so glad i manage to bring my tank to the current state now.nv thought i can slowly build up my tank successfully,

this i gonna thank to all the bros here for guiding me so much :paiseh: U all gave me alots of gd advise and help along the way. :thanks:

Maybe can physco my gf to have one inside her room?lolz..her room super empty not like mind which is full of gagets.. :whistle But of course she needs to be willngly to do the weekly maintainence 1st la..rofl

upgrade upgrade... 1 day la ... 1 day... :angel:

Tomorrow can upgrade loh... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Have a qns about my pink rose anemone...

IMG_6297.jpg

Hmmm as u all can see it has moved from the original spot at the center to the top right now instead.recently my lighting problem oso solved,so can say i got proper lighting liao.

i wonder is my lighting suffient for it?And wat do u guys feed yr anemone huh?i got a anemone shrimp always on it.shd be no prob la hor.i wonder the fella will snatch food from it anot..

i tried henry,f.brin shrimp,5 in 1 coral food.but donno which 1 is the right 1.

IMG_6294.jpg

bought a proper stand from ikea today finally,now can be at ease liao..bought pieces of wood to block the leaking light from the LEDs oso..hmm..need some more wood or cloths to block out some more leaking from the btm..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• Senior Reefer

you do know the "pink" anemone is actually a very severely bleached red bubble tip anemone right....?

its moving because its finding a suitable spot for itself.... good lighting and flow please.

provide it the good conditions or it will continue to bleach and eventually die.........

the tigger sure looks beautiful!

The light stand looks much better :) but does the space still feel alittle too cluttered?

oh u mean the scaping in the tank or the wiring at the back?haha.. i got some mashes to cover up the top part of the tank now.so wont see the wires at the back and the light wont leak out until so glaring oso lor.

I agree the scaping inside super cluttered..FULL HOUSE le mah..haha :upsidedown:

Maybe will do slight rescape after CNY or wat,but for now js feel comfortable bout eveything liao cept for some corals tat are still in the breeder box.Shd be putting every1 in before CNY, hope nuthing flys off again...

js gonna sit back and enjoy it for now ^_^ Today scape off the algea from the sides of my tank,now it looks super clear.Coraline still cant see much haiz...alamak..donno want dose my A&B anot,scare over dose zz...

Oh ya and need to catch my anemone shrimp away from pinky..it keeps irratating it until it cant open fully..doink :angry2:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

wat a day... did tank maintainence today then ganna screwed prep not enuf saltmix..had to run down buy more distilled water..then suay suay ganna long quene..its freaking passed midnite lor!

Then managed to glue on all of my frags on all at once.. Had a happy surprise,my blue yuma split!yey..1st my zoas started to grow more now this..so glad my tank can actualli grow stuffs..haha ^^

Wanted to catch my damm anemone shrimp again but failed..zzz the little buggy keep siam me.. well i thought can remove my breeder box before CNY but now have to leave it there coz wanna nurse the split mushie..

wat a day of fishy spring cleaning..phew... ^_^ HUAT AH!!

New FTS to be posted when all my zoas bloom on my small "zoa mountain" wahahaha :lol:

Sidetrack..tat day go sign the hdb letter after selecting my unit,the pen seem so heavy when i signed it... :nc:

But beri happy i got the unit i wanted even thought my quene num was quite at the back..lucky lucky =)

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Sidetrack..tat day go sign the hdb letter after selecting my unit,the pen seem so heavy when i signed it... :nc:

But beri happy i got the unit i wanted even thought my quene num was quite at the back..lucky lucky =)

is it a HUAT AH unit?

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member
wat a day... did tank maintainence today then ganna screwed prep not enuf saltmix..had to run down buy more distilled water..then suay suay ganna long quene..its freaking passed midnite lor!

Then managed to glue on all of my frags on all at once.. Had a happy surprise,my blue yuma split!yey..1st my zoas started to grow more now this..so glad my tank can actualli grow stuffs..haha ^^

Wanted to catch my damm anemone shrimp again but failed..zzz the little buggy keep siam me.. well i thought can remove my breeder box before CNY but now have to leave it there coz wanna nurse the split mushie..

wat a day of fishy spring cleaning..phew... ^_^ HUAT AH!!

New FTS to be posted when all my zoas bloom on my small "zoa mountain" wahahaha :lol:

Unit number: #08-88??? :eyebrow:

HUAT AH... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Blk 88, ****** Ave 8, #08-88

:paiseh:

U forgot...postal code 888888... :eyebrow::whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Rofl, I believe some lucky fella sure got something like the above add u all mentioned.realli huat lor if ganna. :)

this morning while I was on some late nite gaming tigger suddenly ki siao came out of it's cave and then js came out and laid on the sand bed and stare at me. Was so worried then saw it breathing normally then bobian I went to slp coz I was gaming till 6am in the morning. Today woke up then realise it's cave had collapase alamak sand all cave in I think,

well it has started to dig another corner Liao but spitting sand all over my WSP and other corals. Haha life of a yellow headed jawfish owner. But like wat my gf says- * u buy Liao must accept it coz u chose it* and it's true la ^_-"

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Bought some new fellas on CNY's eve..hehe.. heres some pics

IMG_6312.jpg

clam clam !!

IMG_6311.jpg

6-legged starfish..didnt realised till my gf told me haha.. lucky :D

Finally got all my frags on to the rocks..and removed my breeder box.shall post FTS later on.hope my Zoas garden will bloom for the CNY..haha

Happy CNY everyone!! HUAT AH :lol:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member

Red red sure HUAT AHHHHH... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: