Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

thomas, you only need to change 10-15% every week.

for your tank size should be only about 3L leh. (2 x 1.5L bottles)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooo i thought i shd do 50% WC every week sia..hahaha.. oops think i confuse the 1st WC with the weekly amount..kk 2 btls enuf nxt time..haha =p

coz last week was my 1st WC thats y i did a 50% shortly after cycle de.. :blush:

lol I thought so. hehe.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

er... any1 know whether theres any Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish recently in our local LFS?thought of getting 1..after the CF batch gone donno where have liao :pinch:

Anyway to update, "tigger" is doing fine now finally saw it eat brine shrimp today and pops its head out more often liao.still dont dare to come out whole bod thought hehe...

my hammerhead coral up lorry alamak..donno shd js leave it there to be part of the scapingmah now..sign...

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

er... any1 know whether theres any Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish recently in our local LFS?thought of getting 1..after the CF batch gone donno where have liao :pinch:

Anyway to update, "tigger" is doing fine now finally saw it eat brine shrimp today and pops its head out more often liao.still dont dare to come out whole bod thought hehe...

my hammerhead coral up lorry alamak..donno shd js leave it there to be part of the scapingmah now..sign...

I spotted quite a few B/W Ocellaris babies left at Iwarna couple of days back. You can check it out there.

Mine both up the lorry liao :cry2: Donno why but they suddenly had torn fins after a week. Upped the lorry shortly. Not Brook so might be some bully nipping them at night? Sigh. That's the problem with keeping small babies in a tank with other fishes.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

Alamak but iwarna reali far for me haiz. Was hoping LCK got new batch or wat at least lim chu Lang nearer my place hmm. Don't dispair bro I'm sure u'll find a pair of nice nemos that will stick with u long long de.

I'm trying to find super friendly fishes to go along with my shy shy jawfish. =\

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Alamak but iwarna reali far for me haiz. Was hoping LCK got new batch or wat at least lim chu Lang nearer my place hmm. Don't dispair bro I'm sure u'll find a pair of nice nemos that will stick with u long long de.

I'm trying to find super friendly fishes to go along with my shy shy jawfish. =\

Get some gobies?

Get some gobies?

2 different gobies hor.

The one on top is Yahsia Goby. You can get a pistol shrimp to pair it.

Will be interesting to watch them.

The one below is a Griessingeri goby.

wow js saw Griessingeri goby's pricing on live aquaria.. seems to have a scary price tag on it :blink:

no lah. CF selling i think around 50 only.

cheaper than your jawfish lol.

no lah. CF selling i think around 50 only.

cheaper than your jawfish lol.

hurhur.. still not cheap wor.. must go ask auntie for discount then :whistle

haha bro now my turn to have ant holes in my tank..lolz..the jawfish is diggin deeper and deeper burrow by the day..lolz..cute sia.

Moved my oxypora to the bottom of my sand bed now..at the back of 'tigger's home..god bless she dont spit any sand on it..hmm i'm thinking its a girl.watcha think bro?

:rolleyes:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

hurhur.. still not cheap wor.. must go ask auntie for discount then :whistle

haha bro now my turn to have ant holes in my tank..lolz..the jawfish is diggin deeper and deeper burrow by the day..lolz..cute sia.

Moved my oxypora to the bottom of my sand bed now..at the back of 'tigger's home..god bless she dont spit any sand on it..hmm i'm thinking its a girl.watcha think bro?

:rolleyes:

no idea wat gender the fish is.

The only thing I know about girls on this forum is

1) mods avatar are now girls.

2) Look out for Ah Siang post.... have exciting girls wan. if you are in office, then better dun see his post.

I think the jawfish will sooner or later spit at your Oxypora.

better leave it above sandbed.

ya realised recently mods all got chio bu avatars..lolz

i think tigger not realli purposely throw sand on my oxypora..saw him spit the sand out in other directions liao while making his home prehapes js abit sand land on my oxypora nia so still alright..at most clear the sand once inawhile.

Today very siao on.. walked 3.6km to and fro CF..got myself 2 tiny babies black clowns(tank bred), 2 sexy shrimps and 2 feather duster..sibei shagged..can imagine how much i sweat walking that distance on a hot afternoon.. <_<

Anyway very happy with my purchases..every1 doing well,did a WC today oso.took some ceramic rings out from my filter and changed them with biohomme instead..will gradually change all the ceramic rings away..

my 2 new clowns like to wiggle up and down at the corner of my tank.. i think reflection or wat..alamak see them swim up and down at that corner for the whole nite liaoz.. :wub:

My new Zoas donno y havent opened since ytd..hope they will in the nxt few days :eyeblur:

Oh ya gonna add auntie at CF today super nice..she treated me to a packet of green tea..haha..gave me a big discount as she knew i sibei cham walk all the way in and she even commented she would had lombang me out,too bad she nv drive today..hehe..then asked me to faster walk out arbo rain..which realli rained sia!downpour js when i hopped on the bus.a lucky day :P

Now here are some pics =)

IMG_6082.jpg

my 2 Black and White Ocellaris,cute fellas

IMG_6096.jpg

common feather duster..the pink 1 beside it didnt open when i took this pic.alamak

IMG_6097.jpg

1 of my sexy shrimp..the other bigger hiding inbetween some rock..oo laa laa...shake it baby =p

IMG_6088.jpg

Last but not least, Tigger! this pic specially for jacky,let u know shes doing well bro ;)

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Wahhh ... you went to get the B/W babies! New batch of em'?

*Envy* :yeah:

I damn scared liao don't dare to keep them after the last pair.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

Er.. I think the ones now at cf are Australian tank breed ones..left 1 pair and 1 in a tank. I chose the smaller pair de haha. Ytd I saw my jawfish poop omg.. Haha. Wat a long cake it made =x

can la bro, try again!

Actually wanted to get some peppermint ytd but wah lau sibei ex..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

Er.. I think the ones now at cf are Australian tank breed ones..left 1 pair and 1 in a tank. I chose the smaller pair de haha. Ytd I saw my jawfish poop omg.. Haha. Wat a long cake it made =x

can la bro, try again!

Actually wanted to get some peppermint ytd but wah lau sibei ex..

normal price is 10-15 for per shrimp

ya realised recently mods all got chio bu avatars..lolz

i think tigger not realli purposely throw sand on my oxypora..saw him spit the sand out in other directions liao while making his home prehapes js abit sand land on my oxypora nia so still alright..at most clear the sand once inawhile.

Today very siao on.. walked 3.6km to and fro CF..got myself 2 tiny babies black clowns(tank bred), 2 sexy shrimps and 2 feather duster..sibei shagged..can imagine how much i sweat walking that distance on a hot afternoon.. <_<

My new Zoas donno y havent opened since ytd..hope they will in the nxt few days :eyeblur:

IMG_6096.jpg

common feather duster..the pink 1 beside it didnt open when i took this pic.alamak

IMG_6088.jpg

Last but not least, Tigger! this pic specially for jacky,let u know shes doing well bro ;)

Wow you road march in ?? Next time jio me. We can cycle in from my place. I have 2 bicycles and we can cycle in via Sungei kadut.

The zoas, just place them somewhere away the powerhead - low flow area.

They should open after a day or two max. Dun itchy backside keep moving them around hor.

Good to see Tigger doing well. Real hardy fella. Kamikaze 3 times and still surviving. War veteran this one

You added 2 more cute clowns.... try to control feeding hor.

Fishes do not need a lot of food to survive one. just feed once or twice a day a small amount each time.

You may know this already but just in case. For the feathers, they may drop out of the tube sometimes.

do not discard the tube away. They will regenerate new ones.

• Senior Reefer
Tigger is war vetearn!!!lolz. Anyone know where can get marine plants?wanna put some atthe back of my tank...:)

hi bro kimkim. you can get almost all marine plants at coral farm, with the exception of ulva and chaetomorpha. caulerpa, bamboo, red grapes, etc are all available there and are very cheap. some LFS in pasir ris may carry them but the variety is not large, and not as big/beautiful as those at CF.

do remember to provide your marine plants with good flow and trim them when they grow too large. flow is very important to prevent your algae going sexual. this means the algae releases spores and gametes into the water and will cloud your tank severely. the parent algae will die and the spores/gametes will be the future lineage to the parent. this can potentially crash your tank due to the abundance in nutrients.

• SRC Member
Wow you road march in ?? Next time jio me. We can cycle in from my place. I have 2 bicycles and we can cycle in via Sungei kadut.

The zoas, just place them somewhere away the powerhead - low flow area.

They should open after a day or two max. Dun itchy backside keep moving them around hor.

Good to see Tigger doing well. Real hardy fella. Kamikaze 3 times and still surviving. War veteran this one

You added 2 more cute clowns.... try to control feeding hor.

Fishes do not need a lot of food to survive one. just feed once or twice a day a small amount each time.

You may know this already but just in case. For the feathers, they may drop out of the tube sometimes.

do not discard the tube away. They will regenerate new ones.

U cycle to CF too? i never see anyone cycle to CF before , thought i was the only one :look: i use a silver racer bike with yellow grip :peace:

hi bro kimkim. you can get almost all marine plants at coral farm, with the exception of ulva and chaetomorpha. caulerpa, bamboo, red grapes, etc are all available there and are very cheap. some LFS in pasir ris may carry them but the variety is not large, and not as big/beautiful as those at CF.

do remember to provide your marine plants with good flow and trim them when they grow too large. flow is very important to prevent your algae going sexual. this means the algae releases spores and gametes into the water and will cloud your tank severely. the parent algae will die and the spores/gametes will be the future lineage to the parent. this can potentially crash your tank due to the abundance in nutrients.

Thanks alot lemon bro for the heads up, wow gonna do some more read ups then since there's a danger of tank crash..

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
er.. do hermit crabs molt even their pincers?o.O" i saw my hermit crab pincers and old shell beside it sia.. fainz..

My digi cam mem card spolit..cant post new pics :pinch:

Yup they should... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.