6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Yup, after reading all about the various hanna users in zeovit.com and how accurate it was when measuring very low levels of po4, decided to spring for it mainly out of curiosity on whats my actual level of PO4 is since Salifert is colorless all the while.

Very pleased that is shows 0.01/0.02 consistently after doing 5 tests today.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Zeovit Dosing:

Zeobac : 6 drops 2x weekly

Zeofood : 4 drops 2x weekly

Zeoliths : 2L (changed every 6 weeks)

Zeostart2 : 0.5ml 2x weekly

Zeospur : 1x every 8 weeks

Started on 5th Sep

AAHC : 10 drops daily

PIF : 10 drops 2x weekly

Within 3-4 days of dosing AAHC/PIF, colors are richer and more intense. For those with very low nutrient levels, dosing Amino Acids is the way to go. Especially if you are experiencing very pale colors.

err...

Zeobac : 6 drops 2x weekly

Zeofood : 4 drops 2x weekly

Zeoliths : 2L (changed every 6 weeks)

Zeostart2 : 0.5ml 2x weekly

with p04 0.01~0.02 and your dosage so heavy for bak, food and start2 wont over dose meh..????

I also 2L zeoliths, but I dose 3 drop bak, 1 drop food and 1 drop start2 2x a day. But my change out for zeolite is 8 weeks.

• SRC Member
Yup, after reading all about the various hanna users in zeovit.com and how accurate it was when measuring very low levels of po4, decided to spring for it mainly out of curiosity on whats my actual level of PO4 is since Salifert is colorless all the while.

Very pleased that is shows 0.01/0.02 consistently after doing 5 tests today.

post some photo to show the nice look of hanna...

but how come u test can get 0.01/0.02 one.. with hanna the figure given is confirm correct and wont give up down reading one...

unless u done the test wrongly then it will show a +/- 0.04 or above reading but wont like straight 5 test show 0.01 or 0.02 like that one.. it should show 0.01 or 0.02 on 5 straight test... :D

• SRC Member

So far, no signs of overdose. You must remember that mine's 250G with a relativley high bioload.

1ml/WEEK of start2 is nothing when you have a look at the overall recommended dosages for 250G. If I dose 0.5ml 2 days once then I will get overdose signs.

You can change out the zeoliths at 8 weeks if that suits your schedule better. I prefer to change it at the 6 weeks mark.

• SRC Member

post some photo to show the nice look of hanna...

but how come u test can get 0.01/0.02 one.. with hanna the figure given is confirm correct and wont give up down reading one...

unless u done the test wrongly then it will show a +/- 0.04 or above reading but wont like straight 5 test show 0.01 or 0.02 like that one.. it should show 0.01 or 0.02 on 5 straight test... :D

hahaha, u r cute.

If u do the test wrongly then the figures will be totally out of whack for each test with wildly fluctuating readings.

The +- 0.04 is the accuracy of the meter with a typical EMC deviation of +- 0.01.

I am sure being the EXPERT that you are, you can read the Instruction Manual rite?

Cheers!

• SRC Member
Alfa, what are your current LS ?

Hmm... let me try to remember correctly..

6 Tangs

10 Chromises

2 clowns

2 scooter blennies

1 royal gramma

1 6-line

a couple of cleaner shrimps/blood shrimps

2 neon gobies

1 Agri angel

Thats all I can remember at the top of my head now.

• SRC Member

hahaha, u r cute.

If u do the test wrongly then the figures will be totally out of whack for each test with wildly fluctuating readings.

The +- 0.04 is the accuracy of the meter with a typical EMC deviation of +- 0.01.

I am sure being the EXPERT that you are, you can read the Instruction Manual rite?

Cheers!

of coz i can...

maybe your one.. will show that...

I have done my test over 100 plus and even some 5~6 time straight also never face this issue...

well same brand and equipment but 2 different piece.. cant expert all the same.. :D

• SRC Member
My fishes all loves the camera and all rushes to welcome me :P Probably cos I feed them 5x a day. On my FOWLR I feed using the auto feeder and the fishes are more camera shy. Go near the tank only and all hide into the rocks :P

ya same as mine.. they see me come.. all rush to me...

and even take photo also very hard have to wait till they clear off before I can take...

• SRC Member
My fishes all loves the camera and all rushes to welcome me :P Probably cos I feed them 5x a day. On my FOWLR I feed using the auto feeder and the fishes are more camera shy. Go near the tank only and all hide into the rocks :P

Cool! Im feeding using the autofeeder set at 2x a day. Once at 1400hrs and another at 1800hrs. Then 2x a week or so, they get 4 cubes of frozen stuff mixed with cyclopeeze.

• SRC Member

of coz i can...

maybe your one.. will show that...

I have done my test over 100 plus and even some 5~6 time straight also never face this issue...

well same brand and equipment but 2 different piece.. cant expert all the same.. :D

Cool! You are really the Expert then :):bow::bow: All Hail!

• SRC Member

Yup, can see from the pics that you have posted and also your signature shot. Lots of fishes too :)

I took this photo when all light already go off at 1am plus.. then i go on it and take a quick shoot... :angel: so no fish out swimming ma...

unless your fish dont go hide behind the rock after light off.. :D then i nothing to say...

err WL I also just realise your photo also no fish leh.. :lol:

• SRC Member

pls la go read careful of what i type in my thread of this photo.. I took this photo when all light already go off at 1am plus.. then i go on it and take a quick shoot... :angel:

unless your fish dont go hide behind the rock after light off.. :D then i nothing to say...

Very ninja-like! Amazing technique. Congrats!