tang compaitibility

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i recently added a purple tang to my tank with an established yellow tang.

no issue after the first 5 min of "fighting"...

The newer tang (purple tang) is bigger than the yellow tang. Both fishes did flare for the first few minutes... that same evening, both are swimming together, and sharing the seaweed from the same clip,

no issue at all.

i guess aggression comes from already established fish. If the new fish can withstand the aggression, it shouldn't be a problem.

i didn't rescape or use any mirror. just added the fish which is almost 2 times that of the older fish.

• 3 years later...

Guess the tricks are: Try different size mixing. Get smaller ones if existing one is big. Vice versa. Add more at one go to disperse specific targeting Add the fishes with dim or lights off condition. Do rescape after adding the fishes. These are a few measures taken to ensure possible mixing.

Guess the tricks are: Try different size mixing. Get smaller ones if existing one is big. Vice versa. Add more at one go to disperse specific targeting Add the fishes with dim or lights off condition. Do rescape after adding the fishes. These are a few measures taken to ensure possible mixing.
Nicely say. Just to add. It also depends in the type of tangs. Yellow tang, pt, bt are easlier than powder series tang.