Hailea Chiller - HC 500A (1/2hp) or HC 300A (1\4)

stevenkoh08

Bro weapon master was ex owner, a happy owner. Do a search, feedback for 1/2 hP might have thermostat problem which need external control. Not that noisy compared to their older model. :)

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Bro weapon master was ex owner, a happy owner. Do a search, feedback for 1/2 hP might have thermostat problem which need external control. Not that noisy compared to their older model. :)

Noise will come after 1 year. Be prepared to face thermostat problem. There is someone selling a CL650. you might want to consider this chiller.

tks bro for the feedback. i've see some others facing an thermostat problem will consider on that as well...

how long have he been using

Noise will come after 1 year. Be prepared to face thermostat problem. There is someone selling a CL650. you might want to consider this chiller.

tks bro will look into it and see how tks for ur help appreciate

• Like 1

my understanding is ard 2 yrs. So far no problem for him, Maybe he is lucky, hope i am lucky 2 as i had gotten his set for standby purpose. lol.

tks bro for the feedback. i've see some others facing an thermostat problem will consider on that as well...

how long have he been using

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

my understanding is ard 2 yrs. So far no problem for him, Maybe he is lucky, hope i am lucky 2 as i had gotten his set for standby purpose. lol.

Wow 2yrs it not bad for his luck hope my will be the same

so u got it new also for spare

• SRC Member

HC 500A not bad.. quiet and works as it should.. And at what, $400+ (dunno the mkt price now)? What's to complain if it can last more than a yr or 2? My last one lasted about a yr+ I think, before I sold it off.

The 1000 model is a different story.. my complain with it is noise..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

HC 500A not bad.. quiet and works as it should.. And at what, $400+ (dunno the mkt price now)? What's to complain if it can last more than a yr or 2?

The 1000 model is a different story.. my complain with it is noise..

ya bro now going to get the HC500a seen there is not much issue on it, and if it got fixing an external thermostat is an add on advantage as well to monitor the temp of the main tank.

By the way it less then S$600 with 1/2 warranty

• SRC Member
ya bro now going to get the HC500a seen there is not much issue on it, and if it got fixing an external thermostat is an add on advantage as well to monitor the temp of the main tank.

By the way it less then S$600 with 1/2 warranty

Yeah.. if you fix up an external temp monitor, there wouldn't be an issue to worry about..

Hehe.. so the mkt price did change.. I bought mine both with 1 yr warranty.. the 1000 model was about $600.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

Yeah.. if you fix up an external temp monitor, there wouldn't be an issue to worry about..

Hehe.. so the mkt price did change.. I bought mine both with 1 yr warranty.. the 1000 model was about $600.

who do u got it from care to share

• SRC Member
who do u got it from care to share

Someone who is not in this scene anymore.. I can't remember the distributor he got it from.. I think the shop is around Chinatown or somethin.. anyway, I don't think you can get it at that price even if you get from that shop directly..

In fact both Hailea's I got are from people/companies who had a saga here before they disappeared from the scene.. ;) .. quiet sad for a small community..

• SRC Member

I think this is the distributor www.eastoceansg.com .

I have a pair of smaller Hailea chillers (HC-150A) that I'm very happy with.

Had to change the fan in one of the units after a year ($13.80 at Sim Lim Tower) but the thermostats on both units are fine.

I went with Hailea because I was reading a lot of horror stories about Resun, no complaints after a year plus and they're both

quieter running than my Resun CL-300 was.

My understanding from bro weapon master is the flow rate is between 2000 to 3000, he is using 1262 and ok fir his 4ft tank. Hope this help.

Algae Scrubbler

i'm using rio 25 so should be the same flow rate as well.

cause i can even see that the coil box is standing upwards upon i open up the frt casing, which is more different from others so the water flow will not be that great.

As cold water will tends to stay lower either i need a stronger flow or simply buy a temp probe and connect to the original wire, and then dip it inside my sump where the over flow box is

what will be the flow rate for this chiller? cause i've the problem of on for 2min and off bout 10min, maybe is the flow rate or the internal flow inside the chiller is not so good?

me also struggling with this problem with my HC 500A set with AB2000....i think to ask the agent to install the ext controller as its under warranty..worry if i diy & screw up the whole set....then i go siao liao...

There's another way to do it by not disturbing the original wire....

is u still get a temp controller with probe and then attach with a pin 3 plug socket, like what some other do it for the MH lighting incase of temp too high it'll off it.

then now come to the setting u can set the temp of the chiller as low as it can go, but then the plug is plug into the ext temp controller.

secondly set the temp controller to the disire temp u want it to cut on and off, so from there u can set it wasn't this option is better then waste of money?

• SRC Member
There's another way to do it by not disturbing the original wire....

is u still get a temp controller with probe and then attach with a pin 3 plug socket, like what some other do it for the MH lighting incase of temp too high it'll off it.

then now come to the setting u can set the temp of the chiller as low as it can go, but then the plug is plug into the ext temp controller.

secondly set the temp controller to the disire temp u want it to cut on and off, so from there u can set it wasn't this option is better then waste of money?

Not sure about other distributor selling it, I know Chill-Down have them.. Its good to use one of these, compared to depending on the internal temp control.

if fixed up will look something like this controller i've contacted

Far East Refrigeration (Pte) Ltd (HQ)

112 Lavender Street #04-00 Far East Refrigeration Building Singapore 338728

Tel: (65)-6293-9733

Fax: (65)-6296-5326, (65)-6292-6451

Email: info@fareastref.com.sg

RSP Systems Pte Ltd

112 Lavender Street #04-00 Far East Refrigeration Building, Singapore 338728

Tel: (65)-6297-4880

Fax: (65)-6297-4881

Email: rspsys@pacific.net.sg

they got sell and at a rate of less then 2 blue note controller w/probe what u need to add is just buy the three pin plug that'll do.

if fixed up will look something like this controller i've contacted

Far East Refrigeration (Pte) Ltd (HQ)

112 Lavender Street #04-00 Far East Refrigeration Building Singapore 338728

Tel: (65)-6293-9733

Fax: (65)-6296-5326, (65)-6292-6451

Email: info@fareastref.com.sg

RSP Systems Pte Ltd

112 Lavender Street #04-00 Far East Refrigeration Building, Singapore 338728

Tel: (65)-6297-4880

Fax: (65)-6297-4881

Email: rspsys@pacific.net.sg

they got sell and at a rate of less then 2 blue note controller w/probe what u need to add is just buy the three pin plug that'll do.

umm..good ideal...so bro are u using this method??

which company u got urs from??

thks..^^

oh inthe end i nvr get from the far east i dismantle my teco RA680

item are

1. temp probe

2. the controller

3. the transfomer

4. the power cord

5. 3pin plug w\cover

6. some wire 1m

and mob into an external temp controller take a look at this

as for the probe i drop it in the sump at the overflow compartment