tap water

• SRC Member
Am using the Tubby one currently... :whistle

ok, can show me pictures how u place it and where? thanks :) where did u buy tubby?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member
ok, can show me pictures how u place it and where? thanks :) where did u buy tubby?

I got it second hand when I got my tank set. :whistle I place it behind my tank on the floor. Outlet of the top up pump goes into my sump. Inlet goes into a 7L waste paper basket that I got from Daiso.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

you could try and get a second hand RO/DI unit from one of the reefers. It does not need to be an expensive one. I use a one stage RO/DI unit (crystal pro), and i set up a gravity siphon system between 2 25l jerry cans whenever i want water. I pass the water to and from both cans until the TDS reads 0.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I am a newbie and I am currently keeping a 3 ft fowlr. I read from somewhere that if it's a fowlr tank, it is ok to top up the evaporated water with tap water. If it's reef tank then the top up water requires to be more strigent, require distiller water. Is this true???

• SRC Member

Sorry guys, I am a newbie and I am currently keeping a 3 ft fowlr. I read from somewhere that if it's a fowlr tank, it is ok to top up the evaporated water with tap water. If it's reef tank then the top up water requires to be more strigent, require distiller water. Is this true???

Yes, for a fowlr tank you can opt to top up with tap water but it would be preferable if you could filter your tap water using a good quality carbon filter to remove the chlorine/chloramine in the tap water.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Yes, for a fowlr tank you can opt to top up with tap water but it would be preferable if you could filter your tap water using a good quality carbon filter to remove the chlorine/chloramine in the tap water.

Actually I have carbon media in my sump, so is that good enough? Or do I need to prepare the water seperately??? Thanks for ya reply. :-)

• SRC Member

Actually I have carbon media in my sump, so is that good enough? Or do I need to prepare the water seperately??? Thanks for ya reply. :-)

It will be preferable to pass your tap water through a carbon filter first before using it for top up. This is to allow the carbon filter to absord the chlorine/chloramine in the tap water before you use it in your fowlr tank.

However, I did use tap water directly for water top up for my fowlr tank without any issues before.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

It will be preferable to pass your tap water through a carbon filter first before using it for top up. This is to allow the carbon filter to absord the chlorine/chloramine in the tap water before you use it in your fowlr tank.

However, I did use tap water directly for water top up for my fowlr tank without any issues before.

Ok got it!!!!! Thanks Peter!!!

<!--quoteo(post=871309:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:44 PM:name=curahee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (curahee @ Feb 3 2010, 09:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=871309"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Contact arees water. They can deliver right to ur door step.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry bros. I'm new here.. Learning to start new hobby. Is it a must to use distilled water? Can i just use tap water n add Seachem Prime?

I uses Seachem Prime with Tap Water for many years in my reef tank.. Let water aged overnight with Seachem Prime.. Should be safe... Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

I had a 2.5 ft fish only tank. I keep tap water overnight and used them for top up for 2+ years.

no effect on the fishes.

Emperor morph from juvenile to adult coloration.

But I would strongly suggest you add some water conditioners just to be safe especially if you are staying in West (especially Jurong West/ Jalan Bahar area).

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!