My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

• SRC Member

he died!

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

he died!

Hi Bro,

U must be referring to last nite last show ah? But his legend still live on, quite sad with the ending, i almost drop some tears ...

Felt that he died too young and he could accomplish much more although his current achievement is something to be proud of!

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

U must be referring to last nite last show ah? But his legend still live on, quite sad with the ending, i almost drop some tears ...

Felt that he died too young and he could accomplish much more although his current achievement is something to be proud of!

yeah true enough. though he died so many years back. his awards are piling up.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

yeah true enough. though he died so many years back. his awards are piling up.

Yap loh, from 1940 to 1973, died at the age of 33 only. But he truly deserve all the recognition. Wonder what is the new show tonite?? hmm......

• SRC Member

Yap loh, from 1940 to 1973, died at the age of 33 only. But he truly deserve all the recognition. Wonder what is the new show tonite?? hmm......

hope its not something interesting. atleast to me. :lol:

exams coming soon. i dun want distraction :angel:

hope its not something interesting. atleast to me. :lol:

exams coming soon. i dun want distraction :angel:

just check the teletext, "Riding the storm"???? Dont know what show is that lei.....stormrider??

Finally, chiller installed and running at 330am... :eyeblur:

Hailea still no stock, so decided to cough more 'blood' for the jbj 1/5 chiller. Current temp set at 28 degrees, will slowly adjust to expected temp at 25.5 degrees since there are livestock in the tank.

Since Tank size is 4 x 2 x 2.5 (HT), after less 25 %, Total nett water volume should be ard 560 litres. Hence i reckon 1/5 should be enff for this setup plus not much or no heat induced into the tank by the LED is one of the main factor.

Initial idea was to place the chiller vertically against the wall, but decided against it as 'warm air' channel out by the chiller might flow back into the tank.

post-15684-12706948929675_thumb.jpg

• SRC Supporter

Hailea still not stock, so decided to cough more 'blood' for the jbj 1/5 chiller. Current temp set at 28 degrees, will slowly adjust to expected temp at 25.5 degrees since there are livestock in the tank.

:) bro, your pocket deep deep leh... nice toy you'd got.

• SRC Member

Hailea still no stock, so decided to cough more 'blood' for the jbj 1/5 chiller. Current temp set at 28 degrees, will slowly adjust to expected temp at 25.5 degrees since there are livestock in the tank.

Since Tank size is 4 x 2 x 2.5 (HT), after less 25 %, Total nett water volume should be ard 560 litres. Hence i reckon 1/5 should be enff for this setup plus not much or no heat induced into the tank by the LED is one of the main factor.

l7304smr.jpg

u must have lost a lot of blood...

ask u ah...i have set my temp at 28..how come my chiller can go beyond 28 to 30? n then starts to kick in...

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

did you calibrate your chiller?

and i have adjust the thermosat to match my water temp...i follow wat was in the instruction manual

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

u must have lost a lot of blood...

ask u ah...i have set my temp at 28..how come my chiller can go beyond 28 to 30? n then starts to kick in...

Hi Bro,

For hailea model, if i remember correctly, once set at 28 degrees, the chiller should only kick in at 29 degrees mah. Eh r u using the external controller with the chiller? If yes, then before using the controller, what was the difference in degrees when kick in?

Btwn u still on hailea or Jbj now?

l7304smr.jpg

Hi Bro,

For hailea model, if i remember correctly, once set at 28 degrees, the chiller should only kick in at 29 degrees mah. Eh r u using the external controller with the chiller? If yes, then before using the controller, what was the difference in degrees when kick in?

Btwn u still on hailea or Jbj now?

i'm still using hailea w/o ext temp controller...ok, means i have calibrated...

my tank has lots of tiny little particles....do u have this problem? or i need to place more filter wool...

paiseh paiseh Siang. I thot you are using Artica.

regarding micro particles, are you using the filer socks that Peter brings in?

I think those can help.

• SRC Member

paiseh paiseh Siang. I thot you are using Artica.

regarding micro particles, are you using the filer socks that Peter brings in?

I think those can help.

think need to get those liao...a lot of micro particles in the main tank....coz my tank dun have a lot of rocks...

l7304smr.jpg

think need to get those liao...a lot of micro particles in the main tank....coz my tank dun have a lot of rocks...

You can try lor, most probably is the overflow pipe to ur sump or skimmer that is causing the micro 'particles' . Very unsightly especially when the lights are on right??

You can try lor, most probably is the overflow pipe to ur sump or skimmer that is causing the micro 'particles' . Very unsightly especially when the lights are on right??

yah can also be your microbubbles from the skimmer.

Switch off the skimmer for 20 - 30 mins and observe if the condition improves.

If yes, then it is the skimmer liao. get the socks also no use. maybe get a filter wool and place it on the skimmer output then before the return compartment.