My Second Reef Tank!!!

reaper78

thanks chris.

yeap, glad that u manage to watch it. lets meet up soon.

i believe you should be good to go with ur corals in the near future. just cycle abit more and u will be good. for fish, you need more time to prevent casualty.

see you around.

yap, my second tank liao so i intending to take it slow and easy. unlike my first tank, by now i should have some corals and fishes...haha <_<

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member
yeah, me now reporting "Live" from Suntec.... quiet here... got some nice pretty ladies at the Careers side, Education side no action... sian... and the booth in front of me is a China University, but no nice china girls... sob.... still got 2.5 hrs to go... how to tahan....

u working for kaplan ah?

l7304smr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
any updates? your tank finished cycling right? hur hur....time to power up your tank with gems and diamonds.... :eyebrow:

Eh Chiller still not here yet lei, CR/wavemaker/one of the return pump not switch on yet.

This is the 4th week lor, to be exact 29 days liao. Anyway i went to CF yesterday, wanted to get the aquaray railing only and saw this marine betta aka comet (correct me if i wrong) and 2 cute percular's, so i bought it and aunt was nice enff to give me some snails. Bought some common zoas as well from irwana.

Will try to update some pics tnite if possible. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Eh Chiller still not here yet lei, CR/wavemaker/one of the return pump not switch on yet.

This is the 4th week lor, to be exact 29 days liao. Anyway i went to CF yesterday, wanted to get the aquaray railing only and saw this marine betta aka comet (correct me if i wrong) and 2 cute percular's, so i bought it and aunt was nice enff to give me some snails. Bought some common zoas as well from irwana.

Will try to update some pics tnite if possible. :rolleyes:

pics!!!

l7304smr.jpg

:whistle

Didnt manage to take pics last nite. Anyway some sad sad sad news, the 'smaller' perc gone MIA??!!

It was feeding well on pellets and pods yesterday and last saw it at 1.30am (Before the 'blue' led lights went off). Woke up at 4am to pee...didnt saw it then and i thought it was sleeping somewhere or something.

Finally before i went to work this morning, cant locate it. But.....Comet tummy seems fatter than before (And it rejected pellets last nite). Hmm.......... :unsure:

• SRC Member
Didnt manage to take pics last nite. Anyway some sad sad sad news, the 'smaller' perc gone MIA??!!

It was feeding well on pellets and pods yesterday and last saw it at 1.30am (Before the 'blue' led lights went off). Woke up at 4am to pee...didnt saw it then and i thought it was sleeping somewhere or something.

Finally before i went to work this morning, cant locate it. But.....Comet tummy seems fatter than before (And it rejected pellets last nite). Hmm.......... :unsure:

oh dear.... :(

imagine a candy basslet been eaten by another fish....

l7304smr.jpg

oh dear.... :(

imagine a candy basslet been eaten by another fish....

So sad right? But just a wild guess, i not sure if it is eaten by the comet as i cant find the body.

Now i having second thoughts abt keeping small fish liao......

• SRC Supporter
So sad right? But just a wild guess, i not sure if it is eaten by the comet as i cant find the body.

Now i having second thoughts abt keeping small fish liao......

becoming a meal is still better than committing suicide.... :P

Anyway, it's still a lost and it feels sucks... sigh. Well, go get the blue devil at RB to bully your comet... haha..... the blue devil is already tamed... will swim towards the surface when you try to feed it... :)

becoming a meal is still better than committing suicide.... :P

Anyway, it's still a lost and it feels sucks... sigh. Well, go get the blue devil at RB to bully your comet... haha..... the blue devil is already tamed... will swim towards the surface when you try to feed it... :)

Hi bro, sorry to hear abt ur wrasse. I guess today is a bad day for us..... :eyeblur:

U mean the western blue devil? Wah.....too big for me. Maybe ah siang'ge is keen....hehe

• SRC Member
Hi bro, sorry to hear abt ur wrasse. I guess today is a bad day for us..... :eyeblur:

U mean the western blue devil? Wah.....too big for me. Maybe ah siang'ge is keen....hehe

i do like the fish....but my CO will not approve...she already told me "NO" to big fishes...

l7304smr.jpg

i do like the fish....but my CO will not approve...she already told me "NO" to big fishes...

Why lei?? She dont like big fishes mah? Btwn i think i saw the fish at LCK too....plus there are couple of sohal,powder blue/purple tank .....

• SRC Member
Why lei?? She dont like big fishes mah? Btwn i think i saw the fish at LCK too....plus there are couple of sohal,powder blue/purple tank .....

yup...my wife afraid of big fishes...phobia....

anyway...my 2 turtle queen anthias RIP and i male randall anthias RIP......

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

sucks.... seems like everyone losing some LS here n there.... not a nice scenario.....

Now u can go get the Purple chromis liao... hehehe.... to replace the anthias..... :P

Phobia? icic...like that means she usually dont cook or 'steam' grouper for makan? Eat ikan iblis only? hehe

haha..but ur pic (squareback anthias??) looks big lei... :upsidedown:

and grouchy.... maybe lonely....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Aiming to keep this alive...squareback anthias...hur hur....

That is really your fish or pic from internet?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!