novice tank

benjamintse

i feeding ocean nutrition flakes formula 1,kent marine platimium herbivore and the colour ehancer food yes i have been clipping seaweed....it was eatin in the lfs...

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

• SRC Member
i feeding ocean nutrition flakes formula 1,kent marine platimium herbivore and the colour ehancer food yes i have been clipping seaweed....it was eatin in the lfs...

what is the YT eating in the LFS? maybe you can feed the same stuffs... i think is just a little stress, nothing to worry too much.

i think its a colt coral too.nice tanks.Have u gotten more rock? :whistle

no the lfs always no stock of rocks <_< .just a stupid ques.wat do u tnik is more important if i want to upgrade to a reef tank(means im still at fowlr-reef)a better skimmer,a better light,more rocks.

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

• SRC Member
no the lfs always no stock of rocks <_< .just a stupid ques.wat do u tnik is more important if i want to upgrade to a reef tank(means im still at fowlr-reef)a better skimmer,a better light,more rocks.

Better skimmer and better lights.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

so skimmer first then light?bt the bad thing is most deltec in sump skimmer wont fit my sump.... <_< maybe hangin....the size of my sump is H-B-L 29.5cm,22cm 40cm :whistle just a ques my anemone just move towards the front of my tank nerar the soft coral,will it harn it?

No bad remarks, it's nicer and cleaner than my tank lo!!

You jux need to add a few more cheap and hardy soft corals like finger leathers. U need some red also, some colourful fishes, like flame angel.

is it recomanded to put a flame angel into a reef tank cus i serach internet and they say WITH CAUTION...... :paiseh:

• SRC Member
so skimmer first then light?bt the bad thing is most deltec in sump skimmer wont fit my sump.... <_< maybe hangin....the size of my sump is H-B-L 29.5cm,22cm 40cm :whistle just a ques my anemone just move towards the front of my tank nerar the soft coral,will it harn it?

Get the MCE600. Lights get 4 tube T5 lights.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
how much is the mce600 cost usually in singapore and where can u usually find it?reef depot?

Can get at reef deopt. I think ard $600. But I saw quite a number on sale in the pasar malam previously.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

my thought-is-dead tomato clown has recarnated and is now stuck at the bottom of my overflow chamber.it is swimmin among the tiny space at the bottom and is not stuck in the bio balls.but all mybio balls is above the fish.!!!wat am i suppose to do.let nature take its course or rescue it?but if i rescue it then i have to take out ALL my bio balls :cry2:

my thought-is-dead tomato clown has recarnated and is now stuck at the bottom of my overflow chamber.it is swimmin among the tiny space at the bottom and is not stuck in the bio balls.but all mybio balls is above the fish.!!!wat am i suppose to do.let nature take its course or rescue it?but if i rescue it then i have to take out ALL my bio balls :cry2:

can anyone advice?fyi i tink the fish is there for more than 2 weeks

• SRC Member
can anyone advice?fyi i tink the fish is there for more than 2 weeks

Take out your bio balls lah.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer

i can't believe you're even asking this question. your fish is trapped and going to die and you can still ask if you should rescue it? GO RESCUE IT.

how could you bear to watch a trapped fish suffer while you sit and think if you should do anything? its quite obvious don't you think?

at the same time, get rid of the bioballs, find a way to prevent fishes from getting trapped, and always rescue them!

you're really heartless. the poor fish trap there for 2 weeks and only now then you decide to do something about it. and your definition of do something is ask if you should rescue it? because of some bioballs in your way.

i'm sorry if i sound harsh but this is the epitome of bad reefing. i hope you don't keep this up. even if you dont like the fish, at least have the decency to save it first then decide on the course of action. and i don't mean ending its life.

please. i hope you understand that i'm not picking on you. but you should never do this again. and i hope you develop some common sense and compassion, otherwise, this hobby isnt for you. okay bro? :)

i can't believe you're even asking this question. your fish is trapped and going to die and you can still ask if you should rescue it? GO RESCUE IT.

how could you bear to watch a trapped fish suffer while you sit and think if you should do anything? its quite obvious don't you think?

at the same time, get rid of the bioballs, find a way to prevent fishes from getting trapped, and always rescue them!

Totally agree with lemon, Go rescue it now. :angry2:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

just spend some time and remove the bioballs. get the fish out then put it back.

Should not really take that long anyway.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!