Best flow rate for a 6ft

stevenkoh08

Hi there

I've went though alot of water pump without saying more burget does really matter now, as setting up is already a big hole in the pocket.

so i've found a quite good flow pump name Laguna with various model, what most important it come with 3yrs warranty as well

ok i'm not intenting to add any wavemaker just soely making use of the pump??

here's is the photo of the tank that i come out with a simple design maybe will add on anothe 2 link out flow to the othe corner

post-15847-1266551820_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi there

I've went though alot of water pump without saying more burget does really matter now, as setting up is already a big hole in the pocket.

so i've found a quite good flow pump name Laguna with various model, what most important it come with 3yrs warranty as well

here's is the photo of the tank that i come out with a simple design maybe will add on anothe 2 link out flow to the othe corner

Suggestion, Since you are going for 2 return outlets, why not include 2 return pumps instead of 1 to a Y join? At least if one fails, the other is still returning water. You never know yah?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

I would go for the following:

- return piping to have as little turns as possible to minimize head loss, the return pump should be on the left side of tank

- go for ehiem for its reliability (tried OR, cannot last longer than a year)

- return outlets to be positioned at the tank bottom for circulation (if you are going for no sand), reduce the hassle of cleaning pumps placed for bottom circulation. rest of circulation in tank can be made up using tunze or vortech

- DO NOT use GF pipings, they tend to leak if not fasten properly, or if you tend to touch the valves now and then

Well, this is what i would have do for my 6 footer if given a chance, again.....

• SRC Member
I would go for the following:

- go for ehiem for its reliability (tried OR, cannot last longer than a year)

- DO NOT use GF pipings, they tend to leak if not fasten properly, or if you tend to touch the valves now and then

Well, this is what i would have do for my 6 footer if given a chance, again.....

Ehh.. I do agree on Ehiem being extremely reliable and long lasting.. I do however heard that its has lots of head loss therefore need a bigger pump. That is why people use OR pumps.. I dunno.. I dun have facts anyway.. But OR pumps do last more than a year.. my 2 return pumps (OR6500 and OR350) have been running for over 2 years. Only the OR6500 which i had replaced the impeller and thats also already past 2 years..

And which PVC Pipe connector or valve if not fasten properly dun leak? <_< .. Singa PVC? hehe.. I think its the same for every brand..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Hi there

If I am not wrong, Laguna pumps are not suitable for salt water applications. I have seen a Laguna rusting from the core even when connected out sump.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 1 month later...

<!--quoteo(post=877316:date=Feb 19 2010, 11:59 AM:name=stevenkoh08)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevenkoh08 @ Feb 19 2010, 11:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=877316"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi there

so i've found a quite good flow pump name <a href="http://www.lagunaponds.com/lagunaeng/maxflopumps/maxflo.php?link=141" target="_blank"><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Laguna with various model<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></a>, what most important it come with 3yrs warranty as well

here's is the photo of the tank that i come out with a simple design maybe will add on anothe 2 link out flow to the othe corner<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If I am not wrong, Laguna pumps are not suitable for salt water applications. I have seen a Laguna rusting from the core even when connected out sump.

bro which part of it rust can share as it being said it safe saltwater even on other forum also use for marine and nothing happen

• SRC Member

The fault is on the person installing the pipe, not the brand. My GF piping is coming to 4 years and still no leak. GF valve are the best in my opinion, it is adjustable, not like the local ones which had 1 setting, hard .