New denitrator at Sealife

• SRC Member

Hi Guys

Want to give you some head up on a new piece of equipment by H&S. Last Friday, went to Sealife saw this new equipment, ask Sam and he say this equipment are supposed to bring down NO3. This is the first kind in the market, it uses sulphur and some other chemical to get ride of NO3, not the same principle as a denitrator. The only side effect is that the water will turn a bit yellowish and you need to put in active carbon t remove the tint. I did not ask for the price, but from the look of it, it does look ex. Anyone one should trust H&S, if you have used their skimmer, you know what I mean. Anyone dare to try the new equipment?

clowntrigger

Yeah I saw it too..... but denitrators are kinda redundant these days ever since it was found that the NNR method is effective and is as expensive as the amount of sand you buy.

Denitrators need to be maintained regularly and is expensive.... perhaps they are better used for HUGE aquariums with no sand beds or other forms of NNR and have massive predatory livestock and need artificial assistance in nitrate reduction.

BTW, I have a H&S Euroreef skimmer and it costs me around $500 plus... so I know its gonna be expensive and didn't ask how much it will cost.