DIY Over head fliter

SeaMarine

• SRC Member

the part when the water comes, if theres a leak, good luck to u ;) unless u can make it leak proff

SBS_Transit

Depending on the power of the flow, your sand bed might not be as effective. I suppose you might like to relook at the layout. I think the principal to create a dead water zone is not quite what I see. Your CR should be submerged.

Don't quite understand the 2 outlet thing.

As others have said, it is good to watch the weight. Maybe build it into your hood so that the weight is spread even on the 4 glass panel. Do not rest it on the bracing that is really not wise.

Why 7" height?

Cheers

• SRC Member

Hi,

Have you done it? I'm thinking of setting up a similar one for a anemone and clown tank.

This is a good simple way of changing those existing OHF into a refugim filter, if it works. but mounting a light there is challenging!

One suggestion is to enhance the support for the base. I suggest getting 2x3ft length stainless steel pipe to support the weight of the OHF rather than just sitting it on the tank. the center brace may just give way.

the Bio cr portion may not be necessary already.

:)