MH on 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

Was told that there's a calculation for height of MH lamp to hang on tank?

Mine was a 4x2x2.5(H) FOWLR. Wanted to place the MH higher to reduce heat in the water then I was told that there's a calculation or wat's the recommended height that the expert here would suggest?

Assumed with coral n without coral,wat r the height above water surface?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Unless you want to go for the shimmering effect, that is. and if you do get metal halide, 2 150Ws will be more than enough. For t5, you could try for an illumax pro. gives you moonlights. 4 tubes should also give you enough firepower to keep most soft corals, if you ever consider buying them in the future.

• SRC Member

back at home i am running a 3X3X2 FOWLR, i place the mh 1 ft above the water surface. for a 2.5ft depth better to use 250w mh ? just my opinion if you are planning to place corals at the bottom.

cheers

• SRC Member
tEc' date='02 April 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1270150435' post='895070']

for fish only, u do not have to use MH...juz 2 tubes of T5 is good enuff

Ic. Thanks for the info. So how high will be the ideal height above water level to hang the lamp?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• 1 month later...