Where to get pump for tunze 9002 skimmer??

goodman123

This morning 4am.. disaster happened.. when i was sleeping i wake up for i realised that my aircon out of sudden is off and totally no electicity at all. Went to the living room also the same... faster on the MCB.. and realised that is due to one of the power point for the tank.. and then further narrow down to the skimmer pump is spoilt... thats why trip the whole house.... this evening , i try out the skimmer... by taking it out of the tank and tried it out again and can smell burning from the pump... therefre confirm it is spoilt.

To cut it short, does anyone know where i can buy the replacement for this tunze 9002 pump? For i had this skimmer less than two months and now up lorry liao for I get it from one of the bros in this forum. Please advise. Thanks....

This morning 4am.. disaster happened.. when i was sleeping i wake up for i realised that my aircon out of sudden is off and totally no electicity at all. Went to the living room also the same... faster on the MCB.. and realised that is due to one of the power point for the tank.. and then further narrow down to the skimmer pump is spoilt... thats why trip the whole house.... this evening , i try out the skimmer... by taking it out of the tank and tried it out again and can smell burning from the pump... therefre confirm it is spoilt.

To cut it short, does anyone know where i can buy the replacement for this tunze 9002 pump? For i had this skimmer less than two months and now up lorry liao for I get it from one of the bros in this forum. Please advise. Thanks....

Hi, You can get from ReefDepot.. My friend get from there few months back... Call Seet to check the availability..

Cheers

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Check with Qiang if the skimmer is bought from RD and is still under warranty. I recall it being quite a recent purchase, hopefully he bought it first hand. If all else fails, call RD to check if the pump is in stock. (Also check your pump model number, there is an updated newer design which is different from the old one. The wrong pump might not fit.)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Check with Qiang if the skimmer is bought from RD and is still under warranty. I recall it being quite a recent purchase, hopefully he bought it first hand. If all else fails, call RD to check if the pump is in stock. (Also check your pump model number, there is an updated newer design which is different from the old one. The wrong pump might not fit.)

Hi, Dun worry... I remember my friend getting new model pump and fixed his old 9002 Skimmer.. Should be compatible.. Anyway, Can double confirm with Seet...

Roger, RD open at 12pm to 8pm today... :)

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Hi, Dun worry... I remember my friend getting new model pump and fixed his old 9002 Skimmer.. Should be compatible.. Anyway, Can double confirm with Seet...

Roger, RD open at 12pm to 8pm today... :)

confirm can... mine is the old model and i am currently using the new pump.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Finally i get the last piece of pump from reef depot. Great help from them for doing slight modification using the new pump. Anyway I got one more question to check with bro who had tunze skimmer 9002. Today I realised that there is no water in the skimmer cup at all. I took out the skimmer and realised that the skimmer cup is not put in properly. I remove the top cover of the skimmer and realised that RF might have put the top cover at the wrong side. Therefore I would like to check with bros who are using the tunze skimmer 9002, the big hole which we use to place the cup, directly under the big hole, it should have a small hole for the bubbles to come out or no hole at all. The reason i ask is becos once i remove the top black cover of the skimmer, one side is with hole and the other side is without hole. Pls advise thks.

Finally i get the last piece of pump from reef depot. Great help from them for doing slight modification using the new pump. Anyway I got one more question to check with bro who had tunze skimmer 9002. Today I realised that there is no water in the skimmer cup at all. I took out the skimmer and realised that the skimmer cup is not put in properly. I remove the top cover of the skimmer and realised that RF might have put the top cover at the wrong side. Therefore I would like to check with bros who are using the tunze skimmer 9002, the big hole which we use to place the cup, directly under the big hole, it should have a small hole for the bubbles to come out or no hole at all. The reason i ask is becos once i remove the top black cover of the skimmer, one side is with hole and the other side is without hole. Pls advise thks.

Hi, not familiar with 9002 too, pls find here some photo snap from my friend nick "gambitz" tank.. hope u got some clue there?? Cheers..

post-9248-12737291112278_thumb.jpg

post-9248-1273729118935_thumb.jpg

post-9248-12737291267667_thumb.jpg

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

there must be a small hole and a big hole.. else your bubbles will not flow into the collection cup

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...