Help ID

• SRC Member

Hi, anyone can pls ID ? time to time i see something like a string of web or line of mucus in different areas of the LRs and corals, then i saw it coming out of this. this "cocoon" is stuck on LR, very hard, and something like a worm sticks it's head out (with antenna), when bothered, you could see it go back inside the cocoon and until totally gone (in the LR?). Just want to know if this is a pest, but sure releasing a lot of that web thngy. Sorry for the pic, just take quick snap from iphone. thanks.

post-17191-12734988012703_thumb.jpg

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

yes it's some sort of worm living in it's cast.. harmless.

thanks. but it's worst than spidey ... i just saw it now, you know like those silk worms ... the mouth was out and i could see strings of the web thingy coming out forming strings, then when it lets'go, the strings attaches to anything - zoas, rock ... eventually looking like cob webs ! :angry2:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• Senior Reefer

thanks. but it's worst than spidey ... i just saw it now, you know like those silk worms ... the mouth was out and i could see strings of the web thingy coming out forming strings, then when it lets'go, the strings attaches to anything - zoas, rock ... eventually looking like cob webs ! :angry2:

i know what you mean. it's just ugly. if u wan, just crush it and kill it... it's a kind of pest but honestly it doesnt bother me

Ya, better remove it... I saw this previously in my tank... I suspect they might hurt Zoas in long run... cause whenever they appear some of my zoas closing the next few days.. therefore, a bit suspicious... not sure whether they release anything causing zoas irritation...Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore