Where locally sell tmc aquabeam 500 LED strip?

jkit

Dear reefers,

anyone know where to buy this light?

Anyone tried?

http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/aquarium/aquabeam-500.asp

apparently award winning LED.

For Aquaray twin ReefBlue you can get from GO.

For Aquaray twin ReefWhite you can get from CF. (Blue and White interval)

For AquaBeam 1000 HD also available at CF..

I am using Twin ReefBlue.... Very nice shimmering effect as MH.. But the light intensity doesn't last long as claim.. you might need to change power supply after one or two years using....

But if using combo with T5.. this will adding colors to your reef tank...

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

For Aquaray twin ReefBlue you can get from GO.

For Aquaray twin ReefWhite you can get from CF. (Blue and White interval)

For AquaBeam 1000 HD also available at CF..

I am using Twin ReefBlue.... Very nice shimmering effect as MH.. But the light intensity doesn't last long as claim.. you might need to change power supply after one or two years using....

But if using combo with T5.. this will adding colors to your reef tank...

Cheers...

where to get replacement power supply? SL or must buy from uk or cf & go sell?

R u using the controller? Wondering if reef white can separately switch on individual color. Or must hv 2 strips of different color then can hv different time if day effect.

• SRC Member

yes you can get them at CF.

btw, if you are looking for reefwhite, can contact Chris Reaper78

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86594&st=0&p=883230&#entry883230

he is selling an unuse set.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

where to get replacement power supply? SL or must buy from uk or cf & go sell?

R u using the controller? Wondering if reef white can separately switch on individual color. Or must hv 2 strips of different color then can hv different time if day effect.

My one more than 1year+.. it is non control able... Yes, if you talking about reef white with controller... I read from magazine, you can actually alter the LED color on/off mode to simulate sunset and sunrise...

You can get the controller set from CF... But I believe they dun have demo set to show how it works...

power supply? probably check with GO or CF... I haven't change my power supply yet.. but I can see the light intensity drop.. but my friends they when to SimLim LED shop for the PowerSupply but need some modification...

That shop name "Continental Electronic Enterprise".. Unit #B1-25, SimLim Tower.. look for mr TH Khoo.. u can consult him or his bro...or contact them @ 62922032/62934674 for DIY LED Opinion as well.. their service & skill thumb up :rolleyes: Cheers

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Supporter

yes you can get them at CF.

btw, if you are looking for reefwhite, can contact Chris Reaper78

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86594&st=0&p=883230&#entry883230

he is selling an unuse set.

Haha.. Law, I bought his set liao lah... now up n running and my GSP, white pipe organ, zoas all open wide wide... shiok!!!

JKit, this is worthy product... go get it... but I not using any controller yet, i feel no need at the moment, cos I still have my blue LEDs on timer to buffer the sudden light shock...

• SRC Member

So it's you! Hahaha, I was thinking of getting it too. A decent LED fixture with CREE LEDs, I think corals should respond positively to it.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter

So it's you! Hahaha, I was thinking of getting it too. A decent LED fixture with CREE LEDs, I think corals should respond positively to it.

haha.... seems like TMC products are very suitable for our kind of wall mount size... :))))

Firstly Skimmer, now Lighting... Hopefully one day they got a mini chiller for our tank. :P

i think Aquamart is the agent for TMC Led lighting.. you can also check with them on this.

I contacted TMC UK personally.. that is no agent in Singapore yet... just FYI...Cheers...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

hahaa.. Mit.. so it's you.. aiya.

Beat me to it. I should have guess it :P

Since you POC liao, now I'm even more tempted.

But hor, your is reef white. If without your blue LED, is it gd and nice enough?

Am thinking 1 Marine Blue + 1 Reef White = 5 white 5 blue LED. Or since ours is like less than 40cm depth, u think 2x Marine Blue better?

• SRC Supporter

hahaa.. Mit.. so it's you.. aiya.

Beat me to it. I should have guess it :P

Since you POC liao, now I'm even more tempted.

But hor, your is reef white. If without your blue LED, is it gd and nice enough?

Am thinking 1 Marine Blue + 1 Reef White = 5 white 5 blue LED. Or since ours is like less than 40cm depth, u think 2x Marine Blue better?

haha... Reef white is more than enough (mixture of 3 white 2 blue), in fact the recommended depth is for 18" for Reef White and our wall mount is like 16" so add in the gap between the water surface and hood, just nice. Also depend if you are getting the twin or just single. If twin, the 2 strips lenght is about 1m with a nicely mixture of 6 whites and 4 blues. You can see the LEDs layout here: http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/aquarium/aquabeam-500.asp

My DIY blue leds is just for the buffering of sudden light shock, once Aquaray kicks in, the DIY blue leds will be overshadowed. :P

Hope this helps and provide you with some reference... but feel free to explore.

• SRC Supporter

http://glassbox-design.com/2010/tmc-cree-xp-g-led-aquarium-light/

found this interesting site & article. Should I wait??

Another question: does it raise the temp? I don't run chiller.

I think the Aquabeam 1000 will not fit into our limited space... 500 is ok because it's longish and slim. Anyway, the one I've got is already using the Cree LEDs... so definitely already out. The controller is also out, but I read from Ulitimate Reef, alot of negative feedback for the controller as it only allows 2 strip per controller and need additional power supply plus cannot control which LEDs to kick start, only can dim. So quite a few UK user feels that it is not value for money spent for limited control.

Yes, notice my temp is now higher, like near 30 and afternoon reach high 30... must switch on fan to make sure there are moving air to bring the heat away from the aluminium heat sink. so suggest you dun close the hood fully. But the shimmering light is really fantastic... much more than my DIY ones... hahaha.. really put my DIY to shame. But "一分钱一分货" can't compare my cheapo DIYs to CREE.... :P