sun coral

ARMOURSHRIMP

• Senior Reefer

they are non photosynthetic and don't require light, so they can live in pitch black darkness. they tend to open up in brisk and food water movement and dim lighting.

this means they open at night very well. take this as an opportunity to feed it. try to feed as many heads as possible as the individual heads are not connected.

to make them open in the day, you need to train them. flood the tank with food so they can sense it and start opening. and then feed them in the day. make sure you do it regularly and consistantly and they will open up in the day.

most important thing for them is flow.

Armourshrimp bro.

here's Henry's tips on feeding sun.

Though you are using mysis, the technique is about the same.

You should also try Henry's gourmet if you have not done so. Good stuff!

http://www.sgreefclu...ndpost&p=750406

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

oh my god, i did not read jack bro on henry gourment cause i juz log on... then today i got a guest to c.c.k, so i went to jln lekar{if i am not wrong), i tot that was coral farm(got mix up with jireh) tot jireh was at l.c.k. tot of buying some pellet for my clown fish, but the lady boss use make her pusing sales tatic to make me buy antartic copepods $25 for the sun , which i bought too, then when i walk out , i saw the sign , JIREH!!! oh my god i dun know why i so blur... any way when i reach home to feed my most belove clown, 5 of them all up the lorry liao! :cry: cause of ich. :rip:

• SRC Member

So you experienced the J-shop's sales tactic first hand liao, not bad bro, not many new reefers recognise the symptoms haha.

The bottle of pods you got, are they live ones? Store them in the fridge if they are live pods. Either way, micro organisms like these, they make good coral food. I dose phytoplankton and DT oyster eggs every other day and my super suns seem to be opening well even without target feeding.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

So you experienced the J-shop's sales tactic first hand liao, not bad bro, not many new reefers recognise the symptoms haha.

The bottle of pods you got, are they live ones? Store them in the fridge if they are live pods. Either way, micro organisms like these, they make good coral food. I dose phytoplankton and DT oyster eggs every other day and my super suns seem to be opening well even without target feeding.

No not the live type.

yo guys, this is the max my sun open, any advise?

Hey Armour bro

- Reefmax artic pods - I have tried these before. not impressed. can skip them imo. if you are looking for coral food, bring some empty bottles to my place. I can pass you some oyster feast, rotifers, phyto feast, and many other kent marine coral additives. You should try Henry's gourmet too. I can pass you this as well. IF Henry's food cannot tempt your suns into opening... then nothing can :P

- your suns can still open bigger. you should see some yellow tentacles extending for the "tube".

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hey Armour bro

- Reefmax artic pods - I have tried these before. not impressed. can skip them imo. if you are looking for coral food, bring some empty bottles to my place. I can pass you some oyster feast, rotifers, phyto feast, and many other kent marine coral additives. You should try Henry's gourmet too. I can pass you this as well. IF Henry's food cannot tempt your suns into opening... then nothing can :P

- your suns can still open bigger. you should see some yellow tentacles extending for the "tube".

ah yo,pai sei lah :paiseh: too get it from u free, i go to henry tmr too grab henry foods,thanks for your offer :thanks: , , u are a nice guy :cheers:

Hai, beside selecting food for them... also try measure your water parameter and place it to better flow area...

your sun polyps looks a bit stress...

Cheers and Happy Reefing....

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...