39 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Fav Seahorse?

• H.Comes
    • H.Kuda
    • H.Barbouri
    • H.Reidi

• SRC Member

yep! me 2! the red ones r called H.Reidi. They r beautiful and huge! :D

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
seahorses one of the few fishes that can make a person vomit blood...esp wild caught ones...

dedication, my friend, dedication is the word.. not vomit blood.. the immerse joy experienced when u managed to raise the frys are undescribeable... me trying to get that feeling.. hehehe..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Yep kelstorm rite! i manage to raise barb's babys to 3 weeks old , cuming to 4 weeks liao, though only 2 babies. It's still very exciting! waiting for my barbs to get pregnant soon! :D

kelstorm bro, wat specis u keeping? :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

Hi chinmo,

3 weeks is not easy. Great job! Possible to share what type of fly food you currently providing to them. My H.redi/comes baby (cross breed - father - H.redi, mother-H.comes) is now 2 weeks old and I using newly hatch brineshrimp w/ salcon enrich method. Try roti and they not even want to look at it. <_<

Rgds

• SRC Member

Helo bro ong, i'm using newly hatch bbs fed on live pyto or roti rich only, no other enrich, tried selcon too but find very messy and the bbs die off easily. :D Wow! reidi x comes! interesting! hw many make it trough the first week? r u using the fishbowl method? gt use green water? :)

Hi Chinmo,

So far around 15 for now. Think a few will not be able to get thro' liao. Method used is the same as WC but just in very small size, 1ft tank with one spong filter at the centre. Currently, I just add a cheap skimmer (modified so to protect the young SH). Hope can help in water quality. Try green water before not workable. Infact, had try a lot of funny method seach from the web but water quailty also a problem. So far, currently simple set up seem works. Hope can get at lest 10 to go thro' the 6th mth.

By the way, Merry Christmas Bro!

Rgds

• SRC Member

:yeah: wow! tat's quite alot! hope everything goes well for u! :D my method is using fishbowl, the fishbowl is in a 2ft tank. The 2ft tank has 4-5inch DSB, live rocks, and grapes calpulera, has been running for 3 mths liao, so i suppose the bio filter shld be able able to cope wif at least a number of fries, but my SH nt pregnant! cannt experiment. :D tried the green water also but cannt work, worse still fries die off massive with 2-3 daes! :(

Merry X'mas to all SH lover! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hi chinmo, i'm keeping the yellow SH.. they still not mating... :( perhaps i got a gay SH.. hehehe..

anyway, my fav. SH is one that feeds on frozen food.. :rolleyes:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Hi lightningstrike, H.comes 4-5 , H.kuda 4-5, H.barb 5-8 and H.reidi 60-80! :o

Helo kelstorm, do u have a pair nt? R ur SH spikey? or r they very smooth body?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

yours shld be a barbouri. :)

not sure where to get, u can subsitute wif pvc pipes or rough nylon ropes. or u can get mangroves! i have 2 growing in my tank!

• SRC Member

thanks. Mangroves must go find and chop myself. Kena caught will go jailed rite ? SH how to look after ? :lol: You remember how hard the conservationists fought when the new SAFRA golf course was planned in Krangi nature reserve ?

Nylon strings is good idea. Durable and use other colors to look liked seafans. :idea:

• SRC Member

no nid find, unless u want free! can get at WC, got mine from them, nw sprouting few leafs! other SH tank use pvc. u can also buy tonga branch, get those like stick ones. :D

• SRC Member

nt sure leh, i did nt go after i got my reidis from WC a few weeks liao, nid to let the wallet fatten up first! hahahahahaha!