My 1.5 ft Reef log II

• SRC Member

a queen angel regardless of size should not even be in a 1.5ft tank like some of us mentioned earlier already.

it's a risky decision to make. so i hope everything will be ok.

Don't worry jacky, You can always depend on my tank.... yahoo.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nano tank of the year...

siang, cannot say that u know... Ray and Bino will be jealous... for all we know, they may combine both their tanks to challenge Jacky!

lol...

lol..... all the big hats flying all round these days.....

but mine cannot make it lah.. diatoms and some zoas not doing well.....

did you see wonder's old FTS? those are worthy tanks.....

mine... I just wanna log and hope to maintain the current standard........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

still a superb tank and beautiful new acquisition!

doubt i can make it today to your place bro, have to try for another time.

np. I am damn deadbeat too this week ....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

queen angels are extremely aggressive as they age. they're definitely more aggressive than damsels. your flame angel won't be bothering him for long.

good luck..

noted, noted, noted and noted.........

haiyo.... for a young man like you ... you are almost as grouchy as me...

I have other plans in the near future lah.

Come to think of it, I think you were same age as my baby now when I kept my 1st angel. :P

• Senior Reefer

Come to think of it, I think you were same age as my baby now when I kept my 1st angel. :P

hahaha.

you must be really really experienced then. good luck :upsidedown:

the queen should be in good hands :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

noted, noted, noted and noted.........

haiyo.... for a young man like you ... you are almost as grouchy as me...

I have other plans in the near future lah.

Oh..... groupwavereversed.gif

Got secret plans.... pirate.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

hahaha.

you must be really really experienced then. good luck :upsidedown:

the queen should be in good hands :thumbsup:

I do have some experience with fishes I have kept before.

Not pros like some of the folks here. I also did not have money to buy good eqpt too.

I was doing my poly studies and part working time to pay for my studies and my own expenses.

Can only afford my 4 ft tank with an IOS on a wrought iron stand using my savings - sumpless.

Learned the hard way too cause there isn't SRC, Absolute, RC, Nano reef then........

I think reefers these days are much much much more fortunate....

Maybe the queen is in bad hands who knows.

Maybe he will make it, maybe he won't.

Maybe I bought an unhealthy fish....

But I want take the challenge to make this work......

just like... why do some people want to keep harlequinn shrimps knowing that they eat only starfish?

why buy timid fishes knowing its probably not going to make it in a tank of wrasses?

why buy difficult to keep fishes and attempt to keep it?

There is not right or wrong to the above.. just challenges.

just because book reccommendations / reference topics points to it does not mean it cannot be done.

It also does not mean that it can be done.

In the past, books say you cannot keep several angels in a single tank. I had 6 adult angels living harmoniously.

no special skills, drop them there and rescape and they got along. Today, everyone is doing that......

In honesty, sometimes, you have to give it a go to your you want to achieve.

success or failure does not matter as long as you learn from the experience.

** PS the above does not go for silly actions like keeping sexy shrimps with larger triggerfishes etc etc etc.

Oh..... groupwavereversed.gif

Got secret plans.... pirate.gif

Hopefully it gets approved. bro.

• SRC Member

Glad it held it's grounds. Im sure many will disagree with your thinking, but since u already want to go ahead, better choose the best and fittest queen angel so tt it will have the best chance of survival right? All I can say is this bugger's colours are really awesome! Hope it starts feeding soon!

As for curbing aggression, I think the frequency at which u rescape your tank... Hahahaaaa errm let's just say your fishes move house v often :P

N yes, not to mention your "secret plan" wooohoo!

• SRC Member

hmmm... jacky, im also planning something 'secret'. we could have the same thoughts wor...

something to do with robbie fowlr??

i intend to set up two area 51 spieces tank.

thinking what to go with it.

should be starting work for the holidays soon to fulfil this plan.

so please wait till weekend to chiong when i work haha!

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

Glad it held it's grounds. Im sure many will disagree with your thinking, but since u already want to go ahead, better choose the best and fittest queen angel so tt it will have the best chance of survival right? All I can say is this bugger's colours are really awesome! Hope it starts feeding soon!

As for curbing aggression, I think the frequency at which u rescape your tank... Hahahaaaa errm let's just say your fishes move house v often :P

N yes, not to mention your "secret plan" wooohoo!

The thing is Comycus, I do agree with Terryz, Lemon and yourself. no doubt about it.

If any reefer wanna get a juvenile angel for a nano, my response will strictly be in line with all you guys.

yeah the fella colouration is the best among all.... and the price was w00t.gif

current scape.. is going to last a long time... i just need to wait till the frag rack is here and migrate some of those over to the rack and the sand bed will be clear.... wooooohoooooo .......

next phase... who knows what it will be... haha..... but only know that I will still be using a lot of the eqpt that I have.

Definitely no $ to go beyond 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 feet.

hmmm... jacky, im also planning something 'secret'. we could have the same thoughts wor...

something to do with robbie fowlr??

Ah Siang will tell you my plan changes by the minute... so...... I dun even know what it will be......

I would really like a long narrow tank with all pygmies and juvenile angels......

i intend to set up two area 51 spieces tank.

thinking what to go with it.

should be starting work for the holidays soon to fulfil this plan.

so please wait till weekend to chiong when i work haha!

yeah stop idling and start using your own hands to earn some dough for your future setup bro groupwavereversed.gif.....

btw.. dun recall you have a tank thread... why?? why?? why??

Fishes like Animals including party animals adapt to their environment...being a juvenile angel makes it easier as since it is feeding aleady half the battle has won....

party animal... sounds like Ray .....

He and bino are beasts...... idea31.gif and idea31.gif

• SRC Member

yeah stop idling and start using your own hands to earn some dough for your future setup bro groupwavereversed.gif.....

btw.. dun recall you have a tank thread... why?? why?? why??

cannot find the start thread button

... sick.gifchair.gifnuke.gif

what kind of bloody excuse.....

• SRC Member

yeah..go to member's tank and start a thread...i want to have a peep at your sps dominated tank with large size angels and tangs in your 2ft cube...i'm sure yr tank will make me fall off my chair 10xs...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

I do have some experience with fishes I have kept before.

Not pros like some of the folks here. I also did not have money to buy good eqpt too.

I was doing my poly studies and part working time to pay for my studies and my own expenses.

Can only afford my 4 ft tank with an IOS on a wrought iron stand using my savings - sumpless.

Learned the hard way too cause there isn't SRC, Absolute, RC, Nano reef then........

I think reefers these days are much much much more fortunate....

Maybe the queen is in bad hands who knows.

Maybe he will make it, maybe he won't.

Maybe I bought an unhealthy fish....

But I want take the challenge to make this work......

just like... why do some people want to keep harlequinn shrimps knowing that they eat only starfish?

why buy timid fishes knowing its probably not going to make it in a tank of wrasses?

why buy difficult to keep fishes and attempt to keep it?

There is not right or wrong to the above.. just challenges.

just because book reccommendations / reference topics points to it does not mean it cannot be done.

It also does not mean that it can be done.

In the past, books say you cannot keep several angels in a single tank. I had 6 adult angels living harmoniously.

no special skills, drop them there and rescape and they got along. Today, everyone is doing that......

In honesty, sometimes, you have to give it a go to your you want to achieve.

success or failure does not matter as long as you learn from the experience.

** PS the above does not go for silly actions like keeping sexy shrimps with larger triggerfishes etc etc etc.

Hmmm.... Bro while I agree with you, it should also be noted to newbies like me that these stunts are not for the faint hearted.... thumbsup.gif

PS: In the past, they say its impossible to keep marine fish.... pirate.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Hopefully it gets approved. bro.

No wonder you rather baby sit.... :P

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

yeah..go to member's tank and start a thread...i want to have a peep at your sps dominated tank with large size angels and tangs in your 2ft cube...i'm sure yr tank will make me fall off my chair 10xs...

Siang i restarted so actually theres nothing much yet.

Hmmm.... Bro while I agree with you, it should also be noted to newbies like me that these stunts are not for the faint hearted.... thumbsup.gif

PS: In the past, they say its impossible to keep marine fish.... pirate.gif

do not worry Goondoo.. thats what friends' tanks are for!

He's going to keep and AT and Sohal inside...... groupwavereversed.gif

No wonder you rather baby sit.... :P

lol... actually i don't ... haha........

their mummy is back... I can do my WC tml...... thumbsup.gif

2 weeks already and ORP has dropped by 40 already.... red alert...!!!!

Btw : Queen is not feeding on Henry's.... flooded 2 times today any yet, he's not biting.... sianz......